Are BFG G Force Sports a good choice for tires?

suryo

Founding Member
Mar 29, 2001
Orange Park, FL
My BFG KDWS fronts only lasted 12K. Maybe that's considered good, but the stock tires on the 01 Cobra lasted at loeast 17K. I'm running a staggered setup (255 fronts and 275 backs) so I have learned my lesson there. As soon as the rears wear down, I'm replacing them with the same size as the fronts (255) so that I can rotate again. I have already placed an order for the BFG G Force Sports with Discount Tire. Its not too late to cancel the order, so I wanted to see what you guys thought. I use the car as a almost daily driver. I don't race at the track or on the street. I basicially drive it fast once in a while, but not abusively. Is there another tire any of you would recommend? Or are what i have on order (arriving in 2 days) an ok choice.

Arnie

• Sponsors (?)

I love my G force sports. I have an 04 GT and they are the best cornering tire I have had on there so far. For the money I definitly recommend them as a great value. My next set will either be the G force sports again or I might check out some michelin's.

Thanks for the input. I've been happy with the BFG KDWS's that I have currently, so I'm happy to hear that the sports are just as nice. They perform nicely, but I wish i could get more miles out of those suckers :)

Did you know the G-Force comes in 3 different types of traction? The KD tire is dry only traction. Large blocks of tread and very little wet traction. The KDW is a dry and wet traction, which I run, and have had great fun with. They have large blocks of tread as well, but they also have some water channeling grooves. The KDWS's that you are running are a year round tread designed with smaller pieces of tread but more grooves throughout the tread to gain traction in the snow... As is that's possible in a Cobra. What you can try to do to get more mileage out of your tires, is to buy a performance tire, but get one that isn't "Z" rated. A "Z" rated tire is good to 140+ miles per hour, (techincally and theoretically unlimited), and has the softest tread compound. If you go with a slower rated "H" tire, the compound is a bit harder and will give you more miles. Top speed for these tires is somewhere aroung the 130 mark. Problems with hooking up and corning are the downfalls to a harder tread compound though.