Are T-tops a future option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

It's been a while since the stang's had any optional roof equipment, save the convertible. And if the 69 didn't have t-tops, I can't imagine anything before 2010 will.

Doesn't mean you can't have anything custom done. I'm waiting for the glassback. That, or a 1-panel targa top.

classic design concepts emailed me and said late july for the glassback...now all i need is a price, and some hail so the insurance company can pay for it.....

66 BLAKE 96 said:
Not no, but hell no.

The CDC Glassback should be a good indicator that all of the load bearing structure of the roof is along the sides of the roof in the S197.

Gee, they rave about the chassis stiffness for the convertible but the little undepowered Mustang can't handle a T-top?

What is Ford's hard on about not putting a few more cubes in the Mustang?

1st and goal said:
What is Ford's hard on about not putting a few more cubes in the Mustang?

What the hell does that have to do with the topic?

My 05 Mustang has 281 more cubes than the 05 Camaro! :rlaugh:

Go cryin' back to the trailer park and play a sad song for your dearly departed mullet mobile. :cheers:

I don't think I've ever seen a car with t-tops that I would consider well built. I for one would not want my new popular car model to be associated with the legacy of the t-top. Now a targa top is a horse of a different color, but I still don't think that would look good on this Mustang (or any I can think of).

Did you ever wonder why there aren't station wagons anymore? There called sports wagons, all sorts of silly names, but no one wants their car to be associated with those big old slow pigs every family owned in the 70's and 80's. And hatchbacks are a dirty word, they're 5 door or 3 door models now. Just a silly way to distance the cars from the crappy , cheaply made hatchbacks of the past.

T-tops may come back when most people who remember the crappy t-topped models of the past are dead. Do you want to wait that long?

66 BLAKE 96 said:
What the hell does that have to do with the topic?

My 05 Mustang has 281 more cubes than the 05 Camaro! :rlaugh:

Go cryin' back to the trailer park and play a sad song for your dearly departed mullet mobile. :cheers:

You're just like the dumbass I work with that has an old crashed up 69 Mustang, at least I was trying to stay American

They're still dinky little motors......, hell my 7 year old LS-1 will thrash your big bad 281 any day of the week so just bring it

Shaggydog,
My T-tops don't leak and they fit nicely in the rear storage well so what's the problem? I'll give you that old 70's and 80's cars didn't far as well.

Sway,
If T-tops =Chevy, then what was PolkThug driving around.

1st and goal said:
You're just like the dumbass I work with that has an old crashed up 69 Mustang, at least I was trying to stay American

Except mine is far from "crashed up". :nice:

1st and goal said:
They're still dinky little motors......, hell my 7 year old LS-1 will thrash your big bad 281 any day of the week so just bring it

And? I have a buddy with a 79 Fairmont that would shred your LS-1, but at the end of the day, it's still a fast motor in a freakin' Fairmont. You sir, have the same problem. A fantastic power plant mounted in a hunk of crap. :)

T-Tops never made much sense to me. You have to manually remove them and put them somewhere and still have a bar above your head. A convertible takes itself down and stores itself and you have nothing above your head. T-Tops looks like the poor man's convertible.

Status
Not open for further replies.