Are these parts useable???

cougar_68

Founding Member
Jun 6, 2001
Garrett, IN
When I started to put my AOD in my cougar I bought an EDGE 3000 Stall converter and a Lentech Manual Valve Body. The same day I brought the car home from having the engine wired up the damn bushing that connects the TV cable to the Throttle body broke and the TV cable came loose. The TV cable then got wedged between the throttle body linkage and valve cover and caused the throttle to stick open when I had in park. After that the car would not move.

Since then I have picked up a new Lentech transmission. I still have the old stock AOD with new valve body and converter. I'm wondering if any of these parts are useable/worth anything or should just throw them out.

• Sponsors (?)

cougar_68 said:
I'm wondering if any of these parts are useable/worth anything or should just throw them out.

I think you should just throw them out. Infact send them to me and I'll dispose of them properally for you :)

I believe the converter should work as long as your new Lentech is a lock up. V/B I guess you wouldn't need with the new Lentech so I revert back to my first sentence on that part:)

well can't really tell you what is wrong with it, but if the parts aren't damaged you could definately sell them 50-60% of the cost of new is what I useally go for when selling/buying. I have had a converter let loose and take the pump out with it. Broke under power and made a big clunk and I knew something had broken, car wouldn't move but it's hard to believe if the converter was new that would be your problem. You may want to take the tranny to a shop for diagnosis, you may find it to be something simple and you could sell the whole thing as a kit.

Well IMO judging by what you have said. Unless your pump blew up and threw chuncks in your converter I wouldn't think the converter is hurt, it sounds like something inside your tranny or valve body to me? If I were you I would take it to a tranny shop and have them diagnose the failure. You may find it's something obvious and or simple when they start tearing into it.. If that is the case you could sell the whole thing as a kit or something. Hard to say what it is or isn't worth. If you have the converter checked out by edge and the valve body by Lentech and both are given clean bills of heath, 50-60% of new is what they are worth to me on the used market. If you have doubt on the converter, give Andre a call at Edge, he may just have you pay shipping.