Build Thread As Requested: Project Horse Manure

We always install the glass after paint at the shop, paint almost always gets scratched when the glass is being removed. I can't remember the last time the glass guys scratched a job putting it in.
I know that will be almost the very last thing I do on my build.
Almost paint time for yours, man, I'm excited for you. I almost was going to paint mine blue too. Can't wait to see it shot. In my head, after I finally finish painting mine, it's finally going to be a car again and not just a massive pile of parts. Assembly begins at that stage.
Good luck brother, if I can be of any help, let me know.

Or... Is it easier to pay the glass guy to pull it i guess is what i meant.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, the old windshield is still in there. Would you recommend i try to cut it out then, before paint?
You're replacing it? Then absolutely before paint. That's when glass guys screw up paint. It's irritating before paint because you have to smooth out what they damage. It will make you want to cry after paint. All it takes is one little slip on their part cutting the old one out and you'll be repainting.

Or... Is it easier to pay the glass guy to pull it i guess is what i meant.
The glass guys know what they're doing better than I do. But it is doable, if you want to do it yourself. Just do it prior to paint.
I also speak from the side of not having to pay the glass guy, they have screwed things up so much in the past on customer cars that I had to fix that I will never have to pay to replace a glass.

The glass guys know what they're doing better than I do. But it is doable, if you want to do it yourself. Just do it prior to paint.

Ok. That helps a ton. I was worried about them scratching it. I'll make some calls monday, then and see if i can get someone to come out. Thanks bud.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, the old windshield is still in there. Would you recommend i try to cut it out then, before paint?
All the glass will come out of the monster. The windshield was in the way for the dash install, (and it was cracked/scratched anyway) and the rear glass is just biding it's time,...keeping out 50 thousand pounds of bondo dust, and primer. But when the time comes,..it too will meet its' destiny with the trash can before color sprays.
I cut my own out,....truly a pain in the ass if the glass is embedded in urethane. Conversely, If it is still sitting on the ribbon, then much more DIY friendly. If you're gonna reuse them, I'd have a pro remove them. Because....

If its in urethane:
Trash.
If it's on ribbon:
Maybe, maybe not trash

All the glass will come out of the monster. The windshield was in the way for the dash install, (and it was cracked/scratched anyway) and the rear glass is just biding it's time,...keeping out 50 thousand pounds of bondo dust, and primer. But when the time comes,..it too will meet its' destiny with the trash can before color sprays.
I cut my own out,....truly a pain in the ass if the glass is embedded in urethane. Conversely, If it is still sitting on the ribbon, then much more DIY friendly. If you're gonna reuse them, I'd have a pro remove them. Because....

If its in urethane:
Trash.
If it's on ribbon:
Maybe, maybe not trash

I'm not sure what adhesive it is, but the windshield is wasted. So it's trash no matter what. I looked into buying windshield tools a while back and watched how to videos, but the cost of a windshield installed is about what all the tools cost. So, that made me lean more toward leaving it to the pros. Thanks for the input though, I did not know that.

I'm not sure what adhesive it is, but the windshield is wasted. So it's trash no matter what. I looked into buying windshield tools a while back and watched how to videos, but the cost of a windshield installed is about what all the tools cost. So, that made me lean more toward leaving it to the pros. Thanks for the input though, I did not know that.
The HF windshield tool is cheap enough. (20 bucks) Similar to what the shops use albeit a cheap assed Chinee version. You'll know what the glass is bedded in easily enough, you'll be able to see the once gooey urethane, (now hard as a rock) vs the rope style ribbon that the factory glass was bedded in. The windshield could be in either depending on whether or not it has been replaced before. the rear glass is probably still sitting on the factory junk. (like the Monsters)

Reactions: 1 user
The HF windshield tool is cheap enough. (20 bucks) Similar to what the shops use albeit a cheap assed Chinee version. You'll know what the glass is bedded in easily enough, you'll be able to see the once gooey urethane, (now hard as a rock) vs the rope style ribbon that the factory glass was bedded in. The windshield could be in either depending on whether or not it has been replaced before. the rear glass is probably still sitting on the factory junk. (like the Monsters)
You spelled Chinese wrong:cool::hide:

Reactions: 1 user
You spelled Chinese wrong:cool::hide:
I always spell Chinese " Chinee".

There is nothing wrong with your computer monitor.
Do not attempt to adjust the picture.
I am controlling the horizontal.
I am controlling the vertical.
I can change the focus to a soft blur,
Or sharpen it to crystal clarity.
The words I spell are always intentional.
I am never wrong.
I will control all you see and hear.
You are about to embark on a great adventure.
You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from my inner mind, to the outer limits of tolerance.

Reactions: 2 users

I am never wrong.
You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from my inner mind, to the outer limits of tolerance.

The outer limits of Mad Mike explained

I am never wrong.

:rlaugh:

In the mean time clean up. Holy smokes the sanding dust!
image.jpeg