Attention Indiana Mustangs!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Fred99GT said:
any new info on this event?

Sorry, it's been a while since I had an update. I've been having some very tough times with finals, bills, applications for jobs/internships, etc. I did manage to find info on renting the track on their website (which took me longer than expected) Anyways, the site pretty much says thats its possible to rent the track to groups :nice: However, I need to call to get available dates and pricing. So, look for an update tomorrow as I will place the call to the track (providing I get a-hold of them, I called them last week but missed their closing time by 10 minutes).

I need to start a master list of people wanting to go... I really need a car/head count here so I can break down the pricing and see how feasible this will be. Anyone have any ideas on what would be the most efficient way to do this? Maybe everyone interested could PM their RSVP or something :shrug: And then I could post the list and add to it accordingly.

UPDATE

Alright guys, I got in contact with the IRP Dragway and talked to a representative named Mike. He was very helpful and was filled with loads of information as far as renting the track goes.

Alright, so here is the dirt.

To rent the track for 4 hours it will cost $1,670 (this includes the ambulance)

To rent the track for 8 hours it will cost $2,920 (this includes the ambulance)

On top of the initial Rental and Ambulance cost, there will an insurance fee. The insurance fee can range anywhere from $500 to $1,200 depending on the following conditions:

The youngest, oldest, and average age of the drivers.
The fastest car and average speed of the cars.
Whether or not we choose to run one car at a time or side by side racing.
How many spectators we have.
How many racers we have.

ON TOP OF THIS, and Mike stressed this rule. Every racer MUST follow the strict guidline of the NHRA. This means, if you run faster than a 13.99 you need a helmet. Anything faster than 11.99 the drive needs to have a fire suit. Anything faster than 10.99 will require a rollcage. There are also many more rules but you can consult the NHRA rulebooks for that.

Mike said every racer will get a chance to run down the track once. If they break a rule then they get warned to either slow it down, or aquire the proper saftey equipment. If they break the rule again, they are banned from racing for the night. DONE. NO EXCUSES. even if you came back for a thirsd time with the proper equipment.

I know the price may seem stagering but here is how the math turns out.

$1,670 (4 hour rental/ambulance) + $1,200 (worse case senario) = $2,870

20 Drivers = $2,870/20 = $145.50 a piece
30 Drivers = $2,870/30 = $95.67 a piece
40 Drivers = $2,870/40 = $71.75 a piece
50 Drivers = $2,870/50 = $57.40 a piece

$2,920 (8 hour rental/ambulance) + $1,200 (worse case senario) = $4,120

20 drivers = $4,120/20 = $206.00 a piece
30 drivers = $4,120/30 = $137.33 a piece
40 Drivers = $4,120/40 = $103.00 a piece
50 Drivers = $4,120/50 = $82.40 a piece

REMEMBER, this is the worse case senario. The insurance will more than likely NOT reach as high as I have given estimates for. There won't be any real high powered cars there, more than likey not too many spectators, etc. The only thing I see us getting hit on is age because of some college boys driving.

I have Mikes office phone number so I can reach him directly for any questions or to set the thing up.

He said he has dates available on mostly weekdays (no weekends sorry)

Some dates in mid-late may.

In July, he has the 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th, 18th, 19th, and 20th open for renting.

Also some in August, however very minimal.

NOW, that we know what it takes, who is ready to pursue this track meet???
What are your opinons on how we should do this? 4 hour, 8 hour?? Side by Side, single runs?? Please post your thoughts! :banana:

Pretty much.

If we could get a definite amount of more people to attend, then the price would drop and (obviously) more will come. But it's the hard part of telling whether the people will really attend or not.

Count me in. i could probably get a couple of stang guys there too. Would it be just Mustangs, or other Fords too. Mid june would be best for me, even July or August too. I had thought about this idea for a Ford/Mustang fest at US 41 dragway near me. Track is cheap to rent and most weekends are open.

Fred.

Just checked back up on this thread. I was wondering whats going on with it. Yea im still down for something. Week day would kinda suck but im willing to skip a school day to go have some fun at the track.

Like someone else said, im sure we could get the SS mustangs in on this. I know of atleast 3 or 4 people who would prolly be down for it.

We just need to have one of the mods or someone make this thread a sticky and see how many people we can add to the list. Id say start adding names to the first post and as more people say they will just add them, once it looks promising we will all decide on a date and figure out the prices and what not.

gearheadfred5.0 said:
Count me in. i could probably get a couple of stang guys there too. Would it be just Mustangs, or other Fords too. Mid june would be best for me, even July or August too. I had thought about this idea for a Ford/Mustang fest at US 41 dragway near me. Track is cheap to rent and most weekends are open.

Fred.

You should check out MSC 3 at 41 on the 28th of May. Chicagosvt.com has a lot of dtails on it. Its an all ford event, some what small but a lot of fun. Where in NW indiana do you live? I live in dyer just a little ways off 30.