ATTN: Those who have installed a B&M Hammer

Jay913 said:
I installed the hammer shifter about a year ago and I never encountered the problem you had. It does seem like your console is sitting farther back or something. I’m not quite sure to be honest with you. My install went fairly smooth and took the better part of the afternoon to complete. Glad to see you were able to work around the problem.

Thanks for the pics. I've basically come to the conclusion that if I still had the padding and insulation under the carpet it would sit up higher and this probably never would have happened. It was close enough that I think it made all the difference.

I'm planning to run a similar knob but with a button I can use for my transbrake, etc.

Thanks again -- I'll be back if I have any more issues. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, i decided to trim a little more, and it fits nicely now -- does not touch the console. Still hidden under the cover, so all is well.

Now, moving on -- the shift indicator. I played with it a little, then I popped in the cover that lists the P,N, etc. Now this doesn't really fit as tight as I'd think it would. I don't know that it will rattle around and I don't think it will come loose, but it seems to be able to move a little. Is this common? Is this worth worrying about? I was thinking about putting a dab of rubber cement on it to hold it in place, but didn't know if it was even worth it.

dont know Adam. how about a piece of double sided tape (the kind that is the thickness of scotch tape, but double sided and clear).
i say this only in case you need to get that piece back out for some reason.

good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
dont know Adam. how about a piece of double sided tape (the kind that is the thickness of scotch tape, but double sided and clear).
i say this only in case you need to get that piece back out for some reason.

Thanks again Buddy. It actually has a couple clips that kind of squeeze the piece onto the sides, but don't hold it from moving side to side very well. It's not going to pop out or anything. That's why I was thinking a little rubber cement (that won't harden or make it impossible to remove) dabbed omnto the clip would just hold it a little better.

I'm really starting to doubt myself and/or these parts when I have multiple issues like this. :nonono: