Auto Zone really came through. No i'm not drunk.

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
Austin,TX
Ok, I got a reman ps pump a few weeks ago and I took the core back. Well, I was reading one of the posts about the return line has to be straight back and not straight down. Well, I looked at mine and it's going down :(. So today I took the bracket and ps pump with me to az and showed the first guy(he was new). He went and got another pump and it's the same way and he said it didnt come with the bracket :rolleyes:. Well, a second guy is standing there and has the new guy go cashier then he walks off to the back. He comes back with a box and pulls out the right pump :banana:. I asked him what car it came from and he didnt know he just started going through the boxes to see if he could find the right one witch he did. And on the plus side it was $5 cheaper. So far this az has been good to me and some of the guys know me and one guy thinks i'm a movie star lol.

• Sponsors (?)

I got the same P/S pump with the return line pointing down from AZ, but I didn't realize it until I had allready painted the new pump. :( I just cut a chunk off the bracket since Im not using A/C anymore.

Low-5.0 said:
I got the same P/S pump with the return line pointing down from AZ, but I didn't realize it until I had allready painted the new pump. :( I just cut a chunk off the bracket since Im not using A/C anymore.

I thought about doing that but i just had my brackets powder coated and i was not going to grind on them.

I find it best to get the part #'s you need off their site then bring them a list of the part #'s and give it to them. This way you don't have to deal with the "what year, what model, with or w/o a/c" crap.

VibrantRedGT said:
I work for Cardone and our part number is a 20-7270. It must be an Atsco number. Was just curious. I heard we sold AZ more product lines. I guess power steering wasn't one of them.

We sell car done where I work part time, Westwood Auto Parts in Bham, Al. Good quality stuff.

Interesting.....I'm not on the retail side of the business so I'm sorta in the dark on who stocks what.

If the unit is painted all black and has flourecent color dots on some areas then it's Cardone. Each colored dot represents an inspector. If the units fails in a certain area it can be traced back to that person.

Was just curious, thanks.