Automatic redirects to ads/ad sites from StangNet

Just got a Zwinky ad :nonono:

ZwinkyAd.jpg

If you are in Firefox, press Ctrl+U (view page source) and when it pops up the new window, let us know what it says for source of: http://somesite.com. I'd be thinking it's some sort of malware/spyware infection that hasn't been detected by your scan program(s). If someone uses some tricks from one spyware, and some from another, it'll often go under the radar since it doesn't meet enough criteria of each to get pulled up.

If you're a windows user, also take a look at your hosts file, in your Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC folder. Typically, it'll have a couple lines commented out at the start, and have a few lines about 127.0.0.1 and localhost. If the size of the file is 500k+, you've got some sort of infection that is redirecting a lot of traffic, most often all the spyware/virus scanners and in doing so, prevents them from downloading/updating.

If you are in Firefox, press Ctrl+U (view page source) and when it pops up the new window, let us know what it says for source of: http://somesite.com. I'd be thinking it's some sort of malware/spyware infection that hasn't been detected by your scan program(s). If someone uses some tricks from one spyware, and some from another, it'll often go under the radar since it doesn't meet enough criteria of each to get pulled up.

If you're a windows user, also take a look at your hosts file, in your Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC folder. Typically, it'll have a couple lines commented out at the start, and have a few lines about 127.0.0.1 and localhost. If the size of the file is 500k+, you've got some sort of infection that is redirecting a lot of traffic, most often all the spyware/virus scanners and in doing so, prevents them from downloading/updating.

Again, this is NOT A MALWARE ISSUE, as I have ran multiple checks with multiple programs and come up with nothing, and this ONLY HAPPENS ON THIS WEBSITE. And, again, if you'll look back a few posts in this thread, you'll see that I have already posted up the URL from where this is originating (some Tribal Fusion site). I don't know how much clearer I can make this. :shrug:

If thats the case then why is it that they only pop up on this site?

Maybe we're being punished for something? :scratch:

It's weird how this whole thing is almost selectively occurring, and only with certain people. Lynn insists she hasn't come across a single one yet, and we're sitting here right next to each other clicking all around on the same damned website. I'm thinking it has something to do with HOW one browses the site and not so much where one goes on the site. :scratch:

Well, I came on the site after not being on for quite a while. Read two threads, went to post to one and got the stupid popup. lol

Sometimes I can go thru many many pages and not get it, but then I can come on and only go to a few and get it.