Automatic redirects to ads/ad sites from StangNet

I havent gotten one in a few days but I am also getting them every once and a while. Not a spyware issure because we are all seeing the same page, only on stangnet. Now if spyware has something to do with how often it comes up, that I do not know.

speak of the devil, I knew once I posted that I would get one. Usually doesnt redirect itself for me but it did quickly this time.

19659274.jpg

It's weird how this whole thing is almost selectively occurring, and only with certain people. Lynn insists she hasn't come across a single one yet, and we're sitting here right next to each other clicking all around on the same damned website. I'm thinking it has something to do with HOW one browses the site and not so much where one goes on the site. :scratch:

I switched to Sweet Blue to see if I'd get an ad and I did. I got the Zwinky ad. Switch to Dark Sweet Blue for ad free browsing. :nice:

I hate the darker color scheme because it makes it harder to read long posts or multiple posts/threads because after staring at a black screen with white or light gray lettering for awhile, you look away and you have these ghost lines floating around in your vision for awhile afterward. Can't be good for your eyes. :notnice:

Soooooo, the choice is either pop-up ads or eye damage? :shrug:

Should be good to go.

I hate the darker color scheme because it makes it harder to read long posts or multiple posts/threads because after staring at a black screen with white or light gray lettering for awhile, you look away and you have these ghost lines floating around in your vision for awhile afterward. Can't be good for your eyes. :notnice:

Soooooo, the choice is either pop-up ads or eye damage? :shrug:

Is it no good yet?

So far, no pop-ups with using the Dark Sweet Blue color scheme that Lynn suggested - makes things hard to read, but better than Zwinky and Classmates ads every few clicks. But then, I haven't been on here near as much lately, so it could be that I haven't been clicking around enough to trigger it, but I think Lynn's theory is correct in that it's related to which color scheme is being used.

Did the ads finally get blocked from the regular Sweet Blue color scheme? :scratch:

Ah. Cool beans. :nice:

Sorry for getting grumpy on y'all. I was just getting a bit irked that it was going on for so long and I was starting to assume it was being left active for a reason. Not all of us have real lives outside of Stangnet. :D