Back from the track, (times & vid)

98COBRA281

10 Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Port St. Lucie, Florida
well i had everything working against me, and they won:nonono:, first the air temp was 86*, humidity was 67%, race weight over 3400lbs, on my second run i blew out both collector gaskets, and the DA was 2054ft:mad:, and the car just felt slow and heavy, it was my first time with the slicks, it took a little to get use to, but the car loves leaving at 4500rpms.

my best run

60'....1.86
1/8...8.440
MPH...81.86
1/4....13.14
MPH...105.32

so next time i go out will be in the winter, hopefully with better air, and i can finally get my 12 second time slip

HERE'S THE VID
DSCN0212.flv video by 98gt46 - Photobucket

• Sponsors (?)

Well at least you can get a feel for the car on slicks. Did you run your regular street tires up front? How was the top end if so?? I wanna run et streets in the rear, but just worried about the top end

Well at least you can get a feel for the car on slicks. Did you run your regular street tires up front? How was the top end if so?? I wanna run et streets in the rear, but just worried about the top end

yeah i just ran the sumi's in the front, it gets a little loose, but nothing to be afraid of.

but it feels great to drop the clutch a 4500 and have it dead hook, they just needed some heat from a 6800rpm burnout:D

Nice man. With your setup, what rpm are you shifting at?

about 6000, it makes good power up there

dyno.jpg

Awesome man. Like the calculator said, at sea level that is an easy 12 second run.

Sounds great, and looks like it's leaving pretty well. You can even get a little more by tightening up your shifting. It's not slow by any means, but sounds like you could bang the gears a little quicker for a better E.T.

thanks guy, im thinking about selling my nitrous kit, taking that money, and putting 410's in the rear, maybe try to get another 30rwhp out of the car,(intake manifold of some sort, and maybe try hitech cams) and set up a good suspension, and just have a low 12's all motor 4.6, because i realy dont want a nitrous car:shrug:.............

You can even get a little more by tightening up your shifting. It's not slow by any means, but sounds like you could bang the gears a little quicker for a better E.T.

yeah i know my shifting wasent the best, and it doesent like to be powershifted, i think i have a bad bering or somthing in my tranny, when its idleing i hear a very slight grinding coming from the shifter