Back online finally!!!, new combo details if interested.

5.0 HOtrain

Founding Member
May 20, 2001
New Hampshire
Finally back to SN, sold our house and had a new one built, no pc or internet for almost a year. Back online now and new combo is just waiting for a carb and for me to come up with enging dyno money. Here it is.
418 cubic inch windsor.
69 351 block, hardblocked up to waterpump, eagle 4340 crank/rods. Custom JE pistons, childs&alberts zero gap rings, H-series bearings, probe main girdle w/arp studs, melling oil pump, ATI balancer, canton 7qt pan, TFS "R" heads, custom hydro roller 252/[email protected], 110ls, .576/.576, edelbrock super victor intake, demon 1000cfm carb, MSD pro billet distributor, edelbrock water pump, comp cams pro magnum 4340 roller rockers, Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes, 3 inch pro chamber h, 3 inch mac cat back with tails. Fuel system is going to be aeromotive pump,filters/regulator. 10-an feed and 6-an return.

It's great to back and any comments on new combo welcome, quit a change from the 303rwhp 302. Need to get in touch with perky about a spec stageIII clutch, this baby should really push the limits of the 3550 :rlaugh:

[email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

418 cubic inch windsor.
69 351 block, hardblocked up to waterpump, eagle 4340 crank/rods. Custom JE pistons, childs&alberts zero gap rings, H-series bearings, probe main girdle w/arp studs, melling oil pump, ATI balancer, canton 7qt pan, TFS "R" heads, custom hydro roller 252/[email protected], 110ls, .576/.576, edelbrock super victor intake, demon 1000cfm carb, MSD pro billet distributor, edelbrock water pump, comp cams pro magnum 4340 roller rockers, Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes, 3 inch pro chamber h, 3 inch mac cat back with tails. Fuel system is going to be aeromotive pump,filters/regulator. 10-an feed and 6-an return.
:jaw:

That's sweet how much HP are you shooting for.

5.0 HOtrain said:
Dont know about a procharger with 11.25:1 compression :p Maybe once i'm use to that much power the little plate will go under the carb :banana:

Why not a fogger :D Check your PM bud :nice: glad to see everything is going well I was wondering what ever happened to ya! Shoot me some pics if you have any [email protected]

My guess is 515-550RWHP. Bill is away for the weekend but will be back really late tonight, be best to get in touch with him tomorrow. [email protected]

Right now my car is empty, no wires just a shell and a cage, this 25.5 spec is awesome, not sure if i'll get away with any street driving, the funny car cage conversion in it kinds sticks out.

That's similar to my combo but I will be a few cubes less. I too am going from a 305rwhp 302 to this combo.

393W, Lightning block, half filled w/ hard block, Scat forged crank, Eagle H beam Rods, Probe pistons, TFS R heads, Comp cams solid roller 252/258 @ .050, 669/682 w/ 114 LSA, 12.2:1 compression, Bennett Racing ported Vic JR, Speed Demon 850 carb, MSD Billet Distributer, Kook's custom headers, 2" primaries to 4" collectors. It is going to be hit with a fogger kit. It still should be fairly "streetable". I say this loosely.

Good luck with your combo. Keep us posted.

NoSloFivOh said:
Speed Demon 850 carb
d.

Do you think that will be enough?? The engine dyno place i'm using is recomending a 1000cfm for my set up. I was leery about it this being my first carb combo. He did a 408 with same intake/heads as mine but with a mild solid roller and that made 613fwhp with a 1000cfm demon. He told me that it needed all of that. So i decided to go with (but have no bought) a 1000 cfm demon. It's not coming from him so it's not like he's trying to get my money, and I really trust and value this man's opinion. Just curious, like I said, this is my first nasty carb combo.
Mike.

5.0 HOtrain said:
Do you think that will be enough?? The engine dyno place i'm using is recomending a 1000cfm for my set up. I was leery about it this being my first carb combo. He did a 408 with same intake/heads as mine but with a mild solid roller and that made 613fwhp with a 1000cfm demon. He told me that it needed all of that. So i decided to go with (but have no bought) a 1000 cfm demon. It's not coming from him so it's not like he's trying to get my money, and I really trust and value this man's opinion. Just curious, like I said, this is my first nasty carb combo.
Mike.

Truthfully I don't think it will be enough but it will get me by for a couple of months during the season until I can afford to get the 1000. I won't be spraying until I get the new carb anyway and I will have it tuned for the 850. Yeah it will be down on power but I can deal with it for a few months. I got a killer deal on this carb and my Keith Craft ported Vic Jr together that I couldn't pass up.