Backing plate....

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have any. When I did my 5-lug conversion, the backing plates on the spindles I got were haggard...so I tossed them.

I am sure someone will come on here with the reason they are there, and that you should have them. Afterall, Ford put them there for a reason.....actually ALL auto makers put them there for a reason. But there is no reason you can't run without them.

Did you see if you can simply bend them back a little instead of removing them?

You don't really need them one of the reasons automakers put them on is to cause less brake dust to get on to other components and on the rims. Another is so less road debris (little things) have a chance of hitting the brake components and possibly screwing things up. Its pretty much a choice of you wanting them or not. With my brakes i don't have them and same with a bunch of my friends with 5.0's with 5 lug swaps just not worth trying to find good ones that arn't bent because they do cause an annoying noise when bent.

most of them are to pull in air for cooling the rotors...if they dont do that then it's not a big deal, they will keep debris off the brake components and get in the way of your 5 lug swaps, i suggest bending them outta your way before removing, but whatever floats your bucket

~Mark~