Bad miss

Back in Black

Don't feel bad. Almost 3 years on here and the onl
Founding Member
Well, I finally had my car in decent working order, and now I have a bad miss after it warms up. The miss occurs when the car is in gear starting from a dead stop til about 2500 rpms, stops, and if you give the car much gas it misses there too. I talked to a tech and he said maybe a coil or it could be the EGR valve. Does either of these sound about right? The coil, I can see but the EGR valve, I've never changed. Thanks. Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Have you tried pulling any codes? I think if it was a coil it would be messed up throughout the whole rpm range...not just down low. YOu could always pull and check your EGR and see if it's still working (see if the diaphram is moving).

Back in Black said:
Well, I finally had my car in decent working order, and now I have a bad miss after it warms up. The miss occurs when the car is in gear starting from a dead stop til about 2500 rpms, stops, and if you give the car much gas it misses there too. I talked to a tech and he said maybe a coil or it could be the EGR valve. Does either of these sound about right? The coil, I can see but the EGR valve, I've never changed. Thanks. Jason

ok try putting the car in 4th gear at 25-30 mph.. press somewhat hard on the gas... does it misfire?

BTW any check engine light on..

The egr is porbally not causing this problem.. if the egr was partialy open the car would run like crap at idle or not idle at all ...

well anyways try that out let us know what happens and see if there are any codes or flashing check engine llights...

MikeZ28 said:
ok try putting the car in 4th gear at 25-30 mph.. press somewhat hard on the gas... does it misfire?

BTW any check engine light on..

The egr is porbally not causing this problem.. if the egr was partialy open the car would run like crap at idle or not idle at all ...

well anyways try that out let us know what happens and see if there are any codes or flashing check engine llights...
I did this and it still misfired. No check engine light :damnit: It will flash if I stay on it in 5th gear but stops after I let off. It is misfiring all the way through 5th if I'm on it hard. BTW, it does occasionally miss when at idle. :nonono:

Back in Black said:
I did this and it still misfired. No check engine light :damnit: It will flash if I stay on it in 5th gear but stops after I let off. It is misfiring all the way through 5th if I'm on it hard. BTW, it does occasionally miss when at idle. :nonono:

If the cel flashes you will have a code. Have the code read and let us know what it is.