Bad news and good news!!!

The bad news is my 98 cobra is a total loss.... :(

The good news is there giving me 12k for it, so i'm buying a factory five shelby cobra replica car, and stuffing my 98's drivetrain into it. :nice: I going to rebuild the 32V, probably a 5.0 cammer, I found some fr500 heads for a steal, and my bottom end will get forged. So nothing will go to waste!

My brother in law is helping me put it together, so it'll be a fun project, and I will still have my cobra with me, at least in spirit.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, sorry to hear the Cobra has "passed on". But as you said, it'll live on in another car AND you get a cool project as well. I'd offer to help out (I'm in West LA), but I'm kinda swamped with my V6-to-Cobra conversion right now. So much to do, not enough weekends. :(

hey bud, I read your other thread awhile ago.. i feel your pain. My car was sideswiped before the holidays, and its a really awful and helpless feeling. Im sorry to hear the car will be written off, I disputed my claim very persistantly and my car is being fixed.. but it was absolute borderline. I do wish you a ton of luck with that project tho, those shelby cobra kit cars are bad ass, one of my friends dad has one with a stock 89 mustang 5.0 and the thing is a blast, the feeling of power in such a light car is unreal compared to the stangs. I know your gonna be happy with the result, the cobra lives on in another cobra ;) good to see your making the best of it, have fun man

I looked at those FFR cars and wanted to build the daytona coupe. Ending up buying the pace car to build instead, but I like the idea of building a car from the ground up. Best thing is they are built to perform unlike some kit cars.

for all of you who dont know me, I had 3 cobra's. My 94 is fine, and so is my 04, the 98 was just an afterthought when I bought it, and my brother loved it, so I gave that one to him. He was taking care of it, and absolutely loved it. I also just found out it was his G/F that was driving at the time of the accident, ohh well.

On a side note, anyone know of a quality stroker kit for the 32V 4.6? I'm starting to do the research on rebuilding this motor, The plan is to stroke it, forge it, Zero balance it, and spin it to 9k or 10k rpm's and throw on some boost. My thoughts on the kit car is if i'm going to do it, i'm going big. I'm also torn between colors, I would like obsidian black with silver racing stripes, silver paint with black stripes, Metallic blue with white stripes, or barillium orange with black stripes? I'm leaning towards obsidian black (for those of you who dont know this color look at mercedes black).
I just ordered the replica body, frame, and suspension today, I went with the 3 link setup, powdercoated frame, ccw wheels (look like the halibrand's) Black leather seats and steering wheel, and natural aluminum flooring (no carpet or vinyl for me). In total it cost me 13500.00 plus the freight. So my actual out of pocket expense thus far will be just over 2k. I may sell the 94 just to have more cash on hand for the build, we'll see.
I'll probably start on this in 3 or 4 months, i'll take lot's of pics, or possibly some video footage. It's weird i'm totally bummed about the car, but i'm totally excited to get started on this project, especially since this has been my favority car since I was just a wee tot.

Sorry about the Cobra. But to me it sounds like you got a better deal out of it with being able to get a COBRA. That will be one sick ride with a 5.0 cammer:eek: , and the car proly weighs about what 2300lbs

Well then get over there and sweet talk em a bit, get me some free stuff... lol, and make sure there doing it right.
There actually not bad priced, it would have been waaaaayyyyy more if I didnt have a donor car for alot of parts. Ok the whole drivetrain.

wow man turned out great
as a side note, the factory five factory is right near me!.....would i LOVE to be able to afford one of those kits!