Banshee Performance RAM JET and shaker scoops: QUESTION

rdgdawgGT

May 6, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I've seen so much in reagrds to this topic and it seems to make sense about getting cooler, denser air into the engine (even with bends in the tubing) and these units (with and without scoops, hoods included http://www.bansheeperformance.com/Banshee Performance.htm ) are very impressive. My question: are you REALLY getting an improvement? Or is this strictly eye candy? :shrug: The inclusion of the hood makes both of these very appealing...

Any input is GREATLY appreciated!!!!! :nice:
RG

• Sponsors (?)

I personally like the Banshee system better than the cdc looks wise
(MOST PEOPLE DON'T) I believe both only open at WOT but I'm not sure maybe some of the mach 1 guys will way in as far as that and if they have done any
tests like drive the car with it pluged up so no air can come in and under normal operation unfortunately you can't accurately dyno ram air so thier will always be a debate ( MACH 1 GUYS???)

rdgdawgGT said:
I've seen so much in reagrds to this topic and it seems to make sense about getting cooler, denser air into the engine (even with bends in the tubing) and these units (with and without scoops, hoods included http://www.bansheeperformance.com/Banshee Performance.htm ) are very impressive. My question: are you REALLY getting an improvement? Or is this strictly eye candy? :shrug: The inclusion of the hood makes both of these very appealing...

Any input is GREATLY appreciated!!!!! :nice:
RG

You just need to go to the "Stage II" mods listed in your sig and be done with it.
Quit messing around.......take the plunge ....and get a damn blower for that thing !!! :nice:

I'm telling you Russ......once you ride in mine you will want Cobra Killer to do a charger for you :hail2:

Swing by my house next week like we discussed yesterday -
-Rod

(I'm just bustin' your balls a little :) :owned: )

Rod, with the $$ I just blew on a cruise, the Ms. would hang my balls out to dry on supercharging :notnice: ... been talking to Tim though, and here's my next mod list:
3.73s, shifter, catted x, springs, T/A :banana:

Tim just e-mailed saying not worth the $$... good enought for me!!

I will be down....
Russ

tigerdog said:
You just need to go to the "Stage II" mods listed in your sig and be done with it.
Quit messing around.......take the plunge ....and get a damn blower for that thing !!! :nice:

I'm telling you Russ......once you ride in mine you will want Cobra Killer to do a charger for you :hail2:

Swing by my house next week like we discussed yesterday -
-Rod

(I'm just bustin' your balls a little :) :owned: )

rdgdawgGT said:
Rod, with the $$ I just blew on a cruise, the Ms. would hang my balls out to dry on supercharging :notnice: ... been talking to Tim though, and here's my next mod list:
3.73s, shifter, catted x, springs, T/A :banana:

Tim just e-mailed saying not worth the $$... good enought for me!!

I will be down....
Russ

I'm sure it's not worth the $$$$$ as far as hp/tq is conserened but in my oppinion it's well worth the $$$$$ as far as the cool factor is concerened
I want both supercharger and shaker /ram air and it's great to hear that cobra killer is going to be working on a Kenne Bell tune/kit when I am ready to do the supercharger 6 to 10 months down the road I will be talking to them I have an auto and will probably want a multi position chip so I can have different shift points and firmness but I still have to finish my suspension get new wheels and tires and a stallion torque converter first then I'll be ready :D