Bassani Exhaust?

So I'm going to be upgrading my exhaust system really soon and was really thinking of going with a Bassani high flow catalytic X-pipe and a Bassani cat-back exhaust system. Could you guys let me know what you think of this set-up or if you have any other suggestions. I've heard some cars with some other aftermarket exhaust systems and they sound burbley, raspy and cheap, which most of us hate. I've heard good things about Bassani as far as performance gains and killer sound. Thanks everyone and too bad it's raining out...

• Sponsors (?)

So I'm going to be upgrading my exhaust system really soon and was really thinking of going with a Bassani high flow catalytic X-pipe and a Bassani cat-back exhaust system. Could you guys let me know what you think of this set-up or if you have any other suggestions. I've heard some cars with some other aftermarket exhaust systems and they sound burbley, raspy and cheap, which most of us hate. I've heard good things about Bassani as far as performance gains and killer sound. Thanks everyone and too bad it's raining out...

My wife has "X" pipe and Bassani on her 07 Mustang. It has a very nice muscle tone, but in 5th gear at 60 mph (1800-2000 RPM ) it drones our ears to death. At 2200 RPM it sounds great and you can carry on a conversation. The bottom line is what you are willing to live with. Since we will be drag racing the car occasionally,we are installing 4.10 gears, which will inadvertently take care of the cruise speed drone.

Kent
www.forddragteam.com

bassani on a 99-04 will be different than 05+ the drone may or may not be there based on manifold design and muffler placement alone. i havent heard a pre05 with much of a drone yet.