Bassani or Borla?

04Crimson-GT

Sep 26, 2009
Hey what's up everybody? So just a quick question...Which exhaust set up do you prefer/recommend between Bassani and Borla? I am beginning to look into getting a new exhaust set up and I was recently settling for Magnaflow, but decided to take it a step further. My 04 GT has a JLT Ram Air Intake, but otherwise stock if this helps at all.

• Sponsors (?)

Love the sound of my bassani's on my Mach. It always sounds mean, & at times can be a bit loud, but not too loud like SLP. It also has a very unique sound thats unlike any other Mustang mufflers IMO. I'm not very familiar with Borla's, but I know that the stingers are the louder ones, & the regular Borlas are similar to magnaflows....

I have Magnaflows on my HCI fox body. They are very, VERY quiet at idle, but they scream when opened up....

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.

Love the sound of my bassani's on my Mach. It always sounds mean, & at times can be a bit loud, but not too loud like SLP. It also has a very unique sound thats unlike any other Mustang mufflers IMO. I'm not very familiar with Borla's, but I know that the stingers are the louder ones, & the regular Borlas are similar to magnaflows....

I have Magnaflows on my HCI fox body. They are very, VERY quiet at idle, but they scream when opened up....

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.

I did look into SLP and as much as I love really loud cars, I live in an area that would just be a bit too much of a disturbance. I love the sound of the Borla Stingers, but have never heard the Bassani's personally. I'm pretty much looking for something that will be loud, idle and opened up, but not obnoxious (like the SLP's)...it would be nice to know exactly what the Bassani's would sound like. I have heard that the Bassani sounds like no other, which is what led me to posting this thread.

Without hearing this set up makes it harder for me to commit to spending the additional amount than just going with the Borla's.

I had the Stinger catback...quality thru and thru and a great tone. Yeah, it was loud, but a little unique...you won't find a lot of other people with Borla Stingers.
The SLP original LoudMouth setup IS too loud IMO...but I loved the LoudMouth II - my wife had it on her 01 GT with an offroad X and it was great. Awesome tone. OK at idle, but wicked when revved. SLP is high quality stuff as well.
You won't go wrong with Bassani, Borla or SLP...these are all quality kits.

Yeah I would like the lm1's given I lived in an area where noise was never a concern. I'm not sold on the lm2's so I'm stuck between Borla and Bassani. They may cost more or the same, from which I've seen, but I don't think either will be really obnoxious in my neighbors' eyes. I don't think the loudmouths are obnoxious, but we all know what it's like to have neighbors that just don't have the same appreciation for that loud muscle car sound that we do.

Wow watching and listening to the videos you posted made my decision harder! :) I love the sound of the Borla Stingers Poisoned Pony and peepeeskillz and the Bassani set up on your Mach 1 EPIK. Each had its own sound and its just too hard to choose between the two. Any of you guys have an idea of what either would sound like with some shorty's? I don't want to go with any LTs (nothing against them-just not in the position to be able to spend that much more for them) and am looking at buying some BBK shorty's when I do decide which set up I want to go with.

Wow watching and listening to the videos you posted made my decision harder! :) I love the sound of the Borla Stingers Poisoned Pony and peepeeskillz and the Bassani set up on your Mach 1 EPIK. Each had its own sound and its just too hard to choose between the two. Any of you guys have an idea of what either would sound like with some shorty's? I don't want to go with any LTs (nothing against them-just not in the position to be able to spend that much more for them) and am looking at buying some BBK shorty's when I do decide which set up I want to go with.

Shouldn't sound much different, but will be a tad quieter at WOT. Either way, neither are considered "quiet" mufflers, so Im sure it will be plenty loud enough....

Shouldn't sound much different, but will be a tad quieter at WOT. Either way, neither are considered "quiet" mufflers, so Im sure it will be plenty loud enough....

Yeah I figured it would be a bit quieter, just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. Loud is the only option in my eyes, just don't want to cause a ruckus in the neighborhood everytime I fire my engine...(well I would, but the cops are the last people I want knocking on my door) ;)

i think if you had shortys it would sound a little bit different. before i got LTs i had o/r x and it had a different idle and tone. and it was louder since i have cats now lol