Bassanni headers and X-Pipe

• Sponsors (?)

_JB_ said:
Does Bassani add more power over say Flowmaster, Mac, ect? For the price it would seem like they do, but I have never seen any dyno results.

Not anything your going to notice driving the car around. Bassani is a straight through design. Mac and Flowmaster are a chambered design,which means there is a little maze the exhaust gases must travel through to exit the muffler.

A straight through design always makes a little more power than a chambered design...

We were talking mufflers right? :dunno:

i put bassani longtubes and x-pipe on my car and it sounds great. no other mustang where i live sounds like mine. i'm using the stepped headers 1 5/8 to 1 3/4.

1991 mustang gt 302
12.22@ 113mph

I'm currently using the Bassani X pipe and it sounds sweet with the Flows I got. You gotta remember that Bassani's pipes are stainless steel and you can't bet that.

BillaMustang said:
i put bassani longtubes and x-pipe on my car and it sounds great. no other mustang where i live sounds like mine. i'm using the stepped headers 1 5/8 to 1 3/4.

1991 mustang gt 302
12.22@ 113mph
BillaMustang...How do you like the stepped long tubes? How was installation and fitment? Did you have shorties on before? I have Bassani 1 5/8 equal shorties and was thinking of going to the stepped long tubes. Back to the question...the fit and finish of my bassani stuff was great and sounds mean when you get on it. Heads turn. Tom.

TOM89LX50, Yeah I had Mac shoryies and H-pipe so I put on the Bassani's and X-pipe and the car actually got quieter.. Well until you floor it :D

But yeah I switched from the shorties to these and also from fuel injection to a carb set up and my times went from 14.30@98 to 12.22@113...

Also the install on these header's was easy. Didnt have to touch a motor mount or anything good luck and get these header's you wont be dissapointed.