bbk 4.6 intake manifold

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
I was watching horsepower t.v. this morning and they did a quick little segment on bbk and they showed that they were producing an intake manifold fot the 99-04 cars. Has anybody heard when this intake is supposed to come out or anything else about it?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know when its coming out, but I've heard it will utilize the 96-98 Cobra type intake design. It's gonna have dual intake runners with IRC plates. Like any other aftermarket intake, it isn't expected to show very good hp/tq gains on stock engines.

people dont realize that the stock PI design is a good intake for our NA applications... The bullitt is slightly better through the power band, but I havent seen any other intakes worth it yet for our NA cars. Somebody correct me if Im wrong

i saw the show. Its a typo. as they were saying its a 4.6L manihold, they were showing picture of 5.0 manihold.
manifold.jpg

I've heard BBK was supposed to comeout with 4.6L intake manihold soon way back when I got my car in 2002. And now that Trickflow's aluminum intake did not fly off of shelf like they thought, mainly due to modest power gain(or lack of prove for that matter), I don't see BBK is gonna waste their resourse developping intake manihold for 2V. may be they'll make one for 3V however...

Edit - I just looked at BBK website, and they list "BBK 5012* + 96-04-4.6L SSI intake manifold" as will be available in late 2007. So i guess I'm wrong on this

i saw the show. Its a typo. as they were saying its a 4.6L manihold, they were showing picture of 5.0 manihold.

I noticed that too but where i had come in late on the segment so i figured i had missed what the 2v one looked like.

wonder how late in 07 it's gonna be for it to come out being that it is late 07.

i wanted an aftermarket intake on my new engine but there is nothing that is worth the price tag! i was hoping the new TF was good but i'm not gonna spend $800 for 5-10 hp.

IMO, the only thing better about the aftermarket manifolds is that there stronger & they look sexier under the hood....They are pretty good for a blower application though

bbk sucks but the way they are designing it its not supposed to suffer down low,its being made to get good gains across the board but it is also being directed to modded 4.6 cars with heads and cams and such.as for a car with stock heads and cams,its not worth an intake swap.

yea, the only good ones ive seen are the p51 ( i want this one), rr ( looks awsome but seems only good in really high rpm) , and the bullitt.

btw, saleen for a blower car you will pick up a lot more hp through one of these intakes.

Edit - I just looked at BBK website, and they list "BBK 5012* + 96-04-4.6L SSI intake manifold" as will be available in late 2007. So i guess I'm wrong on this

I saved this when I came across it, I can't remember where from ATM (apologies to whomever took it).

IMG_3095.jpg

Sure doesn't look like a cheap intake to me, and much like the P51 it doesn't look like it uses stock fuel rails.

Attachments

• IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 265