bbk fuel regulator?

i recently put a bbk fuel pressure regulator on my mustang. it worked fine but i am now having a power problem under load. i tested and replaced numerous items. finally i vacuum tested the regulator and it will not hold pressure has anyone else had this problem with the bbk regulator. thank you for any feed back.

• Sponsors (?)

i recently put a bbk fuel pressure regulator on my mustang. it worked fine but i am now having a power problem under load. i tested and replaced numerous items. finally i vacuum tested the regulator and it will not hold pressure has anyone else had this problem with the bbk regulator. thank you for any feed back.

I had the same problem with my BBK regulator years ago. I spoke with reps at BBK and was told that it's a fairly common problem with their product. I even asked them about rebuilding it and was told to look at another company for a regulator. I picked up a Professional Products regulator about 4 months ago and it's been flawless. Plus it was only $65. I have also read nothing but good things about Kirban regulators, though I have no personal experience with them.

-James
94 GT AODE Vert

Had issues with mine also

I had problems with my BBK regulator. It was initially set to 40 psi with no vacuum. It was OK for quite a while. This summer I noticed that the fuel pressure seemed a little low just driving around. After I checked it, it was only generating about 30 PSI with the vac off. Not good.
I am going to be replacing my entire fuel system this winter, and there will be no BBK parts allowed.

Put the stocker back on and take the BBK and tear it apart. Probably a torn or unseated diaphragm. Kirban and Aeromotive are the schizzle. I am trying a Mallory right now, got too good of a deal to pass it up.