Bearing Problems

jms281gt

Dec 18, 2003
Does anyone have problems with tranny throw out bearings or wheel bearings. My 01 gt had the tranny throw out bearing go bad with only 15,000 on the clock three months ago and ford replaced it without a hassle. Now they tell me this morning the vibration and noise i have been hearing from the front drivers side tire is a defective wheel bearing.. All this and only 19,000 miles. What gives? Did Ford get a stock of sealed bearings in from Japan? :bs:

• Sponsors (?)

jms281gt said:
Does anyone have problems with tranny throw out bearings or wheel bearings. My 01 gt had the tranny throw out bearing go bad with only 15,000 on the clock three months ago and ford replaced it without a hassle. Now they tell me this morning the vibration and noise i have been hearing from the front drivers side tire is a defective wheel bearing.. All this and only 19,000 miles. What gives? Did Ford get a stock of sealed bearings in from Japan? :bs:
Which tranny do you have? the T-45 or the Tremec 3650? That would be where to start, and then diagnose from there. Ford gets tranny stuff from america and in some ford's its assembled in mexico.. boo

I can guarantee you if it was made in japan it wouldn't be having any problems :rlaugh:

-wade

Geez, a lot of you guys rag on imported stuff because it is imported. The Japanese make the finest quality machines, granted they don't go all out for psycho power levels etc, but they build efficient cars that put out plenty of power for the majority.

You can't beat toyota for quality either. My celica is 30 next year, and I've owned an 82 landcruiser, and in the town where I grew up, this one guy has never bought another car, he's had his tray-back cruiser for 25+ years. My parents had a landcruiser, for 12 years, dad still has it, it is rusted to no end from putting boats in sea water, but it still does it, and hasn't been repaired or had an oil change for 5 years. The amount of problems that my family and myself have had with fords is so much greater than the amount of problems with the toyotas.

Oh and anything and everything is "Made in Japan" so even though you have an American car, or a British car, or a German car doesn't mean that everything on it was made in that country, and in fact, there is almost certainly components, CRITICAL components that are "Made in Japan" in those cars.

Yes I understand you and hear what you are saying. But just as your family has great luck with Toyota my family has had with Fords and Chevys. So in all honesty to each is own. But i wouldn't go so far as to say all American cars have Made in Japan parts on them. Maybe Mexico and Canada but I have torn a Mustang apart and it was a 98 that was involved in a wreck and found nothing that would substatiate that claim. Chevy has most of there imported parts made in Canada, Ford in Mexico and Dodge in Mexico. Now with that said I own a 94 Ford Ranger and i know for a fact the engine is all Ford the Tranny is Mazda America and the 7.5 3.42 ring and pinion is Ford. I would personally rather have an American name and style with most of the parts made here by Americans rather than in Japan and that is my right.

and datsuns, jeepers, let me tell you, heaps of sheet they be, but run for too long they do lol. I see far too many still surviving. We have our 50s 60s 70s holdens and fords here, but they are considered classic and people put exorberant amounts of dosh into restoring them, whereas toyotas, datsuns, mitsus, etc, from the 70s still run without needing tending to every weekend, every month, every 6 months, without needing to be "restored".

I love mustangs, and some of the Aussie fords (the rest aren't that great) but don't be a fool and say "It's crap because it's imported"

It'd be the same as me saying, "This mustang broke down because it is American!"

Don't get me wrong tho, I love american style, even though the current stangs are so far from the original style, I still see the kick ass attitude that has brought the mustang its respect.

I also feel kind of **** when I see "Made in *Insert asian country here*" it kinda ruins the feel of the item, knowing that it is just a factory pumped out product.

jms281gt said:

I think my 01 Throwout is going...'Course I have 59K on the clock. Think my rear bearings are going as well...a little too much wiggle when I step on it

Ok so we do have a few faulty bearings out there. And quickly back to the Japanese Import thing I will say I well my wife had a 2002 Nissan Sentra. After 7,000 miles the raidiator burst on me on Christmas day last year. Then it started throwing check engine codes at 9,000 and gas miliage went from 35mpg new to 24-25mpg. I have had a 94 Nissan 4 wheel drive hardbody and it constantly stayed in the shop. My close friend has and sold a 97 Nissan Maxima that was always in the shop. My mother-in-law has a 2000 Honda Accord LX and it is constantly throwing check engine codes and and has been to H :bs: :bs: onda on numerous occasions to no avail. A 93 Nissan 240sx left me stranded 200 miles from home when the computer decided to quit. Need I go on? So Imports DO have many problems as far as I have delt with them. And besides isn't this a Mustang site not a Import Fast and the Furious tuner site? I understand you are a fellow stanger but I do not like Imports and refuse to sink my money in them again. I am careful however of what i buy thats American as some models have a nasty reputation as well.