Bearing retainer bolts for T-5

outlaw66

Apr 1, 2005
Flowood, Ms
The knucklehead that overhauled my T-5, installed the wrong bolts on the front of the transmission that secure the bearing retainer (4 bolts). The bolt heads contact the aluminum adapter plate used to adapt the T-5 to the stock 6 bolt bellhousing. The bearing retainer has chamfered holes that appear to me to not require a lock washer. Knucklehead had one lock washer under one of the four non chamfered bolts. One of the upper bolts came out someway and the transmission just gushed trans fluid. Now I've pulled the Transmission and after close inspection discovered that only one of the bolts had a lock washer, one was missing, but none of the bolts appear to be the proper bolt. I do not have a parts manual for the T-5, and would like to replace the bolts with the proper bolts. Can anyone give me a website or other information so that I can get the proper bolts from Ford. I would prefer to have the part number of the bolt when I call the Ford parts dealer, and no, I don;t want to have any other contact with knucklehead. He'll get his due from my telling my story to other car guys at cruise-ins and car shows etc. Any help appreciated.

Outlaw66

• Sponsors (?)

AllData does not show a split washer for the retainer bolt in the diagram or the exploded diagram parts list. In all honesty I don't remember there being split washers on mine. From what I remember its just the lemon cented thread sealer. I don't know where to get that stuff. I need to get some for when I rebuild my trans.