beat but not by much!!

cardude

Founding Member
Apr 20, 2000
Portland, OR
:D

Okay today on lunch I was at the light next to a 04 GT with some mods (I could tell by the aftermarket exhaust) and it was a straight stretch with no cars, so we hit it. after 1/4 mile he only had me by about 2 - 3 car lengths.

So I dont feel so bad with all the work I have done on my ride :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

"But officer, I just got to the next stop light before the other guy!"

But seriously, meet him at a 1/8th mile strip on grudge night. It gets too expensive if you're caught street racing. Now, as well as the ticket, your car gets impounded for 30 days here on the west coast. Hmmm, about $100/day, no thanks.

What have you got done to your car? My wife has a new GT, and while I love driving it, it's a pig. My brother and I keep wanting to put a blower on it (unbeknownst to my wife) so when I drive it I don't have to look away if there is a hot rod next to me. As far as the street racing comments, thats pretty much all we have here in NY. They are closing our tracks and we have to take it to the street.

when i was at the track last friday, I raced a new GT mustang. The guy in the box was doing the announcing and was like "here is a new model mustang vs. a ..... and the light went and i freaking blew off the line and demolished him like it was my job lol i ran a 14.3 at 105 mph, but my 60 foot was horrible cuz i had so much tire spin, the track is in horrible condition, plus the stupid "cooper cobra" tires i have make it like im driving on water lol, i mean not the best, but he was no where to be seen. As u can see from my sig i dont have a "lot" but i have a good amount of mods....is there a reason why i beat him so bad? :shrug:

MustangMatt1966 wrote "i ran a 14.3 at 105 mph, but my 60 foot was horrible"

Your trap speed was 105 and you only ran a 14.3! You must have spun through the 60 foot mark. Get some traction and you can take a second off of that E.T. Your engine is definitely making good power :nice:

If you blew a new GT outta the water and you ran a 14.3, then the GT could not drive wroth shat. Bone stock GT's can do low 14's all day long, and high 13's if you have a damn good driver. I'd like to see a time slip for your car though on a nice set of slicks. :nice: (I'll get mine as soon as I get a tranny that can handle the traction)

2nd Mustang said:
"But officer, I just got to the next stop light before the other guy!"

But seriously, meet him at a 1/8th mile strip on grudge night. It gets too expensive if you're caught street racing. Now, as well as the ticket, your car gets impounded for 30 days here on the west coast. Hmmm, about $100/day, no thanks.

:nonono: Check the new law, Take the ticket and get your ride sold! :eek:
All tho you could Bid on it to get it back at the next Auction. :(

PB

I am estimating my coupe is about 3,600 pounds but i am probably wrong, viny, yeah u are right, my friends who was in the stands said i was smoking the hides past the 60 foot mark, i think it was through 2 to 3 gears, maybe next time i should NOT dump the clutch:rolleyes: yeah...i think the car would really run if i had slicks or at least drag radials....anyone want to loan me a pair :)