began the rebuild

ooraceredgt

Feb 28, 2003
i just started the rebuild and wanted to give you guys a rundown on what i got and what opinions you guys might have.

Forged 5.1L Stroker Kit
Kellogg forged Steel 3.75" Stroker Crankshaft
4340 forged steel H-beam 6.00" connecting rods
with ARP 7/16 cap screw bolts, bushed pin ends
Probe 2618 forged pistons, STD-0.020 bore
Total Seal or Perfect Circle Moly File fit rings
Clevite77 Rod and Main Bearings
Anderson F-52 cams and valve springs
Vortech mondo race bypass valve
2.87 upper pulley with new belt

i have bbk valve covers and was wondering if stock valve cover gaskets would work or do i need to try to get some from bbk. i'm debating on whether or not to have the heads p&p or to invest the money in longtubes. is their a good longtube header that isn't so expensive? what type of clutch would you guys recommend for this? any input from you guys would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I think around 9.5 : 1. I could be wrong though. I'll have to see. The reason I am gonna go with a lower end header is in the future I'm gonna have TT's fabricated for the car and so it wouldn't bother me to fabricate a turbo manifold from that set and if they got messed up I would only be out a few hundered dollars instead of almost a thousand dollars for good headers. I've already though about the transmission issue. Luckily, I only drive the car 2 or 3 times a month so the 3650 should suffice for a little while anyway.

I think around 9.5 : 1. I could be wrong though. I'll have to see. The reason I am gonna go with a lower end header is in the future I'm gonna have TT's fabricated for the car and so it wouldn't bother me to fabricate a turbo manifold from that set and if they got messed up I would only be out a few hundered dollars instead of almost a thousand dollars for good headers. I've already though about the transmission issue. Luckily, I only drive the car 2 or 3 times a month so the 3650 should suffice for a little while anyway.

Good point. sounds like a nice setup I think hotmustang331 did his own TT. Talk to him for any advice. I have some 2v turbo cams. I never used them (brand new) I went 32V. I would dang near give them to you.(30 pak :D ) were you located?

Good point. sounds like a nice setup I think hotmustang331 did his own TT. Talk to him for any advice. I have some 2v turbo cams. I never used them (brand new) I went 32V. I would dang near give them to you.(30 pak :D ) were you located?

i already bought some f-52's cams from anderson ford motorsport which they said were good for blown applications but thanks for the offer.