Behold- Fox Body Cupholders

The age old question- why doesn't the fox body come with factory cupholders? While at the JY I saw an in dash slide out coin/cupholer in a Taurus that looked like it might work. After an hour or so of dremel work on the cupholder, clearancing the trans tunnel with a board and BFH, I had to move the radio down and trim about 2 inches off the back of the cup/coinholder with a dremel. Still have to work a little on the bezel, but I think it's pretty cool to have slide out cupholders now. Disregard the crappy old leather shifter boot. New one is on it's way.
20160903_151716.jpg
20160903_151732.jpg
That's pretty cool. I think it looks really good but I have to agree with @Mustang5L5. I don't think it will work well in cars with manual transmissions.
Yes.

9b7855a32a38b3cc33614b9ed42ffa1c.jpg

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I've looked into this one. I just didn't like the price or how it looked at the time. It doesn't look so bad in this picture. Have you had any issues with it?
I know I have posted my solution here before, but I too got tired of wedging drinks between the handbrake and passenger seat.

Done1_zpsbymdurkm.jpg
This is the best solution in my opinion. I recall seeing your write up at some point. I'll have to look it up again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

I've looked into this one. I just didn't like the price or how it looked at the time. It doesn't look so bad in this picture. Have you had any issues with it?

Not my car, just something I grabbed off the net.

I do like Shakerhoods idea though. Seems it would interfere the least with my shifting when I get my usual med hot coffee from Dunks. I might have to check eBay for some console panels now and make one

In the meantime, car isn't a DD so I just don't drink in it, but I'd like to take it into work now and then and need my coffee in the am

Reactions: 1 user
please link me to a write up thread on how you created this or where you got it from. Thanks!
I did do a write up on here a few years back when I made it. I unfortunately do not know what vehicle the actual cup holders were in because it was a broken panel laying in a pile at the junkyard and I noticed they looked to be about the right size and depth. I basically just cut the ashtray section out and bought fiberglass cloth and 2 part fiberglass to secure it in place, sanded it down and used a little body filler to make it right. I also moved the lighter socket back so I could use it as a 12v plug for my cell phone or anything else. The only issue I had was deciding what to do with the grain pattern, I ended up sanding the entire console completely smooth and it does not bother me as it is but I did purchase Texture Coating from SEM Products and am going to play with it to see if I can come close to the factory texture one of these days.

Reactions: 1 users
Not my car, just something I grabbed off the net.

I do like Shakerhoods idea though. Seems it would interfere the least with my shifting when I get my usual med hot coffee from Dunks. I might have to check eBay for some console panels now and make one

In the meantime, car isn't a DD so I just don't drink in it, but I'd like to take it into work now and then and need my coffee in the am

I have the same problem. I only need it for my DD coffee when I take the car to work.

I've seen some on eBay but they aren't cheap from what I recall. I may go to the local junkyards when I have some time and try to find one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm a less is more guy when it comes to the interior. I'm happy with no drink holder and I even went back to the original armrest delete.
If I need a drink, I just bring something with a cap.

I don't drink coffee and I can't begin to imagine drinking any type of hot beverage in a manual trans fox.
I'll assume anyone that does brings 2 shirts to work.

Last edited:
Welp, searched Ebay and discovered people still want $50+ for a black console plate that is broken, scratched, scuffed, or has melted parts under the e brake (how does this happen? I've seen a few like this). The ones that were in good shape..had poor pictures. I asked for some and the owners couldn't be bothered to take pics, yet want $75.

Reminds me of the guy on CL asking $200 for an original '93 Cobra intake off a Cobra, but refuses to send me pics. I don't know if I should pursue that, or let it go.

Reactions: 1 user
Welp, searched Ebay and discovered people still want $50+ for a black console plate that is broken, scratched, scuffed, or has melted parts under the e brake (how does this happen? I've seen a few like this). The ones that were in good shape..had poor pictures. I asked for some and the owners couldn't be bothered to take pics, yet want $75.

Reminds me of the guy on CL asking $200 for an original '93 Cobra intake off a Cobra, but refuses to send me pics. I don't know if I should pursue that, or let it go.
Amazing the stuff we could get for next to nothing a few years ago is so damn expensive today.