bent cam???

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
ok i got my B cam in the mail today, it was used.

i took it into the garage, sat it on the table, and about 30 secs later i hear it hit the ground.

it rolled off a 3 ft table.
There isnt any damage, just barely scuffed the end sort of.

but i am worried its bent.
i tried sticking it in the block i have and it goes in but it wont spin
i put the stock cam in the block and it spins easily

my dad assures me its not bent, he say the stock cam matches the bearing and the b cam doenst.

but i dont know
think it would be bent from a 3 foot fall???

• Sponsors (?)

Dont use the cam. If any hard surface rubs up the hard cam surface then that cam is nullified. I hope you didnt scratch one of your cam bearings when you put it back in and tried to spin it. Im not trying to make your life hard but this is what it sounds like to me.

ok i will get some pics but i will try and describe it for now
the little part where the bolt goes in for the timing chain, its a little scuffed there, not much at all but i doubt it hurts anything

and on the last cam bearing (back of block)
on the very end there is a LIGHT LIGHT spot, where the side of the cam hit, i mean its really light and can be filed out easily

but a cam is pretty heavy and solid, but would a 3 foot fall bend it???

nothing ever goes right, i always find something wrong, for exaple i was worried i wasnt going to get the cam in the mail, it came two days after rockers i bought, and then when i get it it falls off a table.

there is always SOMETHING bad going on.
i hate it

nononoono the lobes are bearing surfaces are all fine, i looked at it again, i was mixed up.

ok the FRONT most bearing surface the one near the gear, the VERY END of it was part of what hit, there are no nicks on the bearing suface, its like just nicked on the side and kind of sticks up but all the surfaces are fine.

i am guessing we just file it down??

i bought the cam from a guy on classifieds for 75$

Car RamRod said:
I doubt the cam bent. Its made to spins millions of times, a little fall shouldnt hurt it.

Where did you buy it from?

Dont take this the wrong way but your a retard.

If a little fall wont hurt it, go take your stock cam, hold it straight out in front of you and drop it on the ground. More then likely the cam is going to explode(shatter into many pieces). Your damn lucky that it didnt break into many pieces. I wouldnt use it.

I did that test with my stock cam since i question'd how true it was and for sure it broke.

Dont cheap out buy a new cam,

your cam is now a paper weight..DON'T take chances with a significant pc like the camshaft. Spend a 100 buck, get a new one, and chalk it up to experience. If your doing an engine/t-5 conversion your likely going to find that SEVERAL dollars will end up being spent on what I like to call...learning by Fin up. Impact damage can severly weaken items..even though the damage is not apparent to the eye.