best aftermarket heads

• Sponsors (?)

Please allow me to be the first to say:

Use the search button

Then you would see that heads are probably one of the most commonly asked and over debated questions on StangNet.

So in short, good brands:

AFR, Trick Flow, Edelbrock (Some guys are getting real good power with iron GT40P heads off of Explorer 5.0s)

Most times people are doing a cam and intake at the same time as heads (hence h/c/i)

So, suggestions for future threads are:
- Trick Flow vs. AFR
- 373's vs. 410's
- x-pipe vs. h-pipe

Unfortunately, you caught me at an odd time, so I am more likely to be a prick than regular. :D

super302 said:
am i seeing things??
rootus...why is your sig on the right of your post?

screenshot for my sanity's sake:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/phtpat722/Untitled-1copy.jpg

I think he is like a stangnet god or something, I asked about it the other day and got ignored. :p

TFS are awesome heads, so are AFR's. Edelbrock's are great, but not a lot of guys use them for some reason. Maybe that's a good thing and you want to be different. In the 94/95 FAQ section there is a head comparison chart with flow ratings and such. Keep in mind though the Performer's by Edelbrock are the old castings, and the new Edelbrocks flow even more.

EDIT: Ah hell, I'll just post the chart for you.

head%20flows%20compiled.gif

What pistons do you have? How many cubes? Is the motor NA or do you plan to add a power adder? What RPM range do you want out of the combo? These are are important factors when deciding which head is the "best."