Best intake plenum/TB combo?

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Well I noticed Partshopper is selling the C&L intake plenums for 120 bucks. That seems pretty good. I also saw that I can pick up a Mac intake plenum w/ a 75mm TB for right around 300 bucks.

What is gonna give the best power gain brand wise, and what size TB is good to match with a new plenum? 75mm?

• Sponsors (?)

That is a pretty good deal for the Plenum. I have seen a few good packages on ebay with C&L Plenums and BBK TB's.

I read a thread a while back about what combos gave the best performance, but could not find it right now.

I may too jump on getting the Plenum now and wait on a TB.

Dumb question, but you can't use the C&L with a stock TB right?

~K

2002GreyGT said:
That is a pretty good deal for the Plenum. I have seen a few good packages on ebay with C&L Plenums and BBK TB's.

I read a thread a while back about what combos gave the best performance, but could not find it right now.

I may too jump on getting the Plenum now and wait on a TB.

Dumb question, but you can't use the C&L with a stock TB right?

~K

I would like to know the same thing ..

I got my "satin" plenum for $69.99 on eBay. It was a no-name type deal, but looks itentical to the C&L units. I port/polished it up and it turned out great (link in sig for pics). Then I picked up a brand new Professional Products polished 75mm TB for $100 from a member on another mustang site - but they can be had on eBay for around $110 new. The throttle body is of superb construction, works awesome, and I've had NO problems with either the throttle body OR plenum! :nice:

EDIT: Oh yeah, you can get Professional Products 75mm tb/plenum packages on ebay for around $200 + shipping brand new (polished even). That's what I would have done, if I wasn't trying to save as much money as possible by port/polishing myself hah.

Dragon, Accufab, C&L are all good plenums... Stay away from MAC TBs... I bought one and got rid of it two weeks later and bought an Accufab TB for my C&L plenum. The MACs stick real bad.

Theres a guy in the Mustang club im in that strongly reccomended the Accufab Plenum and 75mm TB, or the C&L Plenum and the Accufab 75mm TB.

I guess ill do some pricing tonight and see whats the best for the buck.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Accufab is pretty expensive, haha.

The C&L plenum is 120 bucks, plus 225 for the Accufab TB... so thats $345 for both plus shipping.

BBK has their plenum and TB for $320 plus shipping.

Will the BBK tb and plenum make less power than the C&L and Accufab? I dont really care how it looks... im looking to squeeze the most power out.

I just purchased an accufab Plenum and 70mm TB.
I already had a c&l TB but I'll see which one I like better next week. Hopefully I'll get it early next week.
I will be dynoing with it on in 2 weeks so I can let you guys know how much I gained.
Supposedly the accufab gains about 6rwhp and 6rwtq on an NA setup. While the c&l and others may give 4-5 rwhp they fall short in rwtq big time. thats why I searched for so long to get my accufab plenum for a similar price as a c&l. Gotta look for those guys getting KB's and such!! lol

BurningRubber said:
Well I noticed Partshopper is selling the C&L intake plenums for 120 bucks. That seems pretty good. I also saw that I can pick up a Mac intake plenum w/ a 75mm TB for right around 300 bucks.

What is gonna give the best power gain brand wise, and what size TB is good to match with a new plenum? 75mm?
I bought a B. Alameda port/polished tbody/plenum combo for 100.00 with great results.

Ok, I read the tests that Falcon Guy had mentioned. The most HP gained was with the Accufab plenum, and Accufab 70mm TB... Why didnt the 75mm TB make more power? Would it be better to get a 70mm TB instead of the 75MM one..?

BigT... Where did you get that setup from? Thats a very nice price.

Here is a (possibly dumb) question: What is the difference between a cheaper plentum and TB, except MAC as someone mentioned sticking, and a more expensive TB and plentum? Just the hype of the name and some 'bells and whistles' or whatever ...??? I know the obvious answer of 'better quality' but what makes more expensive ones better? Last longer? 2-5 hp difference? :shrug: