• Sponsors (?)

I'm kinda partial.

desktop3.jpg

Attachments

• desktop3.jpg
    desktop3.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 130
65straightsick said:
:drool: I want a boss 302 now more than ever......:drool: man I am jealous....
Sooner Joe, did you just start this to make people angry. haha

Since there seems to be some conversation about Boss 302's I thought I would share a story with you guys. This is an e-mail I wrote to some freinds of mine a week ago. You always hear these stories and think people made them up but I can assure you this happened to me last week. If anyone knows anything about this cars history I would be interested to know it.

From my e-mail;

I have to share this story with all of you so you can feel the pain I felt this morning.

I was driving to the Schnucks on Lake St. Louis Blvd this morning by our office to pick up bagels when I come up behind a yellow Mustang at a stop light. I see it’s a female driving and I also see that it is a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang, yep original paint, pie pan hub caps, looking like a perfect condition original car.

So she pulls into Schnucks and of course I approach.

TB - “Do you want to sell that car”

Chick – “No I just got it as a birthday present last week from my husband”

So I talk to her a bit and examine the car.

Perfect inside and out, 70K original miles, original paint, and original everything. As a matter of fact she said when they got it all they did was replace the dual exhaust because it was leaking. So I enquire, how much did you pay. Here is where it gets painful……she says we got a good deal on it, how good?

$7,500!!!!!!!!!!

I almost fell down on the spot; as a matter of fact I said nothing for what seemed like an hour. Of course the next words out of my mouth were I’ll give you 15K for it right now, today, cash money.

Of course we all no the answer because otherwise I would have called all three of you to tell you about my luck.

She bought it from a guy in Flint Hill (a stones throw from here) the day after he bought it and transported it from South Carolina.

Everyone who knows anything about muscle cars knows that 1970 was the last year of the true muscle car because of smog.

Bottom line this car is worth $25K at the very minimum, I think it’s more along the lines of a $30K car.

Why I ask? Why can’t I find a deal like that.

I watched a one owner 69 Boss 302 sell for 12,000. The car was untouched, stock shocks/mufflers brakes everything. Had a little rust in the door mostly due to where its home was. I missed it by about 5 min and then saw it later that day and almost cried.

washMO66 said:
Everyone who knows anything about muscle cars knows that 1970 was the last year of the true muscle car because of smog.

[/I]

I don't know.. If you measure by the quarter mile, the 71 Boss 351 Mustang was the king of Mustangs. There were some very quick cars built through about 73 or 74, IIRC.

Hack said:
Wow that car looks sick! :nice: :hail2: :nice:
It is one of the best looking fastbacks I have ever seen...
I really like the wheels and stance of the thing.
The Boss that streetgrande posted and the silver one that DarkBuddha posted both have the same look.
Good Stuff!
I like'em all, but the 69 fastback body style is my favorite...