Best Performance

southfillyboy

Aug 13, 2008
I have a 2002 GT auto and I want to increase the speed and/or acceleration. I have a few mods and I am willing to put some money into it but not the crazy amount for a supercharger or turbo. I have close to a grand to put into it at the moment.

2002 GT Auto
FRPP 3.73 gears
K&N CAI
Flowmaster Super 40s
SCT X3 Calibrator

• Sponsors (?)

Mac, SLP, Bassani, BBK, Pypes, Kooks are all products i have seen on peoples cars on this forum. i can vouch for SLP, and Bassani are both well built products. Kooks is another highly respected brand.

A lot of people on here use MAC as they are the best price for what you get

75mm throttle body and plenum
Steeda under drive pullies
Aluminum drive shaft
Magnalfow catted X pipe
Maganapacks/SLP/or Stingers for the cat back.
LT Headers
HPS Hardballer intake
Transmission J-Mod
Tranny cooler.
B&M Hammer Shifter.
MM sub frame connectors.
Lowering springs
Bilsten shocks and struts.

Do the above and you will have a very fun car that should put out 260+ rwhp. Then down the road you could get some stage 1 cams and push out 280+rwhp (330 crank hp) That's more the a stock 99-01 cobra, 03-04 mach 1 and 05+ stangs. Not bad for a little N/A 2v.

people will tell you NOS is the best bang for your buck.

i agree with the above statement as its very hard to disagree with, but i will never go that route myself.

id rather wait and save up for a supercharger before i give in to the bottle

people will tell you NOS is the best bang for your buck.

i agree with the above statement as its very hard to disagree with, but i will never go that route myself.

id rather wait and save up for a supercharger before i give in to the bottle

I agree with you on that. It just seems odd to me for a mustang to have N20 when I usually see it on hondas.