BEST Subframe connectors

• Sponsors (?)

I bought some SFC's from Bottlefed and they seem to work good. I wanted a set of The MM's XL but know I will never know if there is a whole lot of difference in stiffness. The next car I do I will be doing some Huge ones like the ones that go through the floor and make the car a full frame car.

like this
OCT06COBRA6022.jpg

OCT06COBRA7020.jpg

OCT06COBRA7021.jpg

Attachments

• OCT06COBRA6022.jpg
    OCT06COBRA6022.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 322
  • OCT06COBRA7020.jpg
    OCT06COBRA7020.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 461
  • OCT06COBRA7021.jpg
    OCT06COBRA7021.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 240
I got the BBK ones, you can weld or bolt them in but I just welded them, it really is the only way to go. You will see such an improvement from that that you should concentrate on just that for now.

Through floor subframe connectors are the BEST way to go, but they tend to be overkill for most cars. Unless you are running sub 9s, or road course, you really don't need them...but they are the best.

For most cars weld on, full length connectors is the way to go. Either MM or Steeda, both are the top of the line.

I run the blue oval industries full length SFC's. They are models after the MM stuff but a hell of a lot cheaper. The welds were quality and the fit was great. I welded them on and immediately noticed a big difference. The car corners much better and takes bumps better too!

I have Steeda subframes on my 79 T-Top Capri, because they were chrome moly tube, and very light. They also bolted on, and I had them welded later.

This was a plus since I could do the install, and weld later.

I have 1 X 2 in mild steel rect tube homemade ones on my 82, all welded, and they work fine also.

I have Steeda subframes on my 79 T-Top Capri, because they were chrome moly tube, and very light. They also bolted on, and I had them welded later.

This was a plus since I could do the install, and weld later.

I have 1 X 2 in mild steel rect tube homemade ones on my 82, all welded, and they work fine also.

just wondering, you couldn't get a ttop capri in 1979. did you install them yourself? did you use factory ttops?