BIG PROBLEM...maybe

twolo4u2c2

5 Year Member
Apr 10, 2003
reading, PA
I am installing new heads and the roller rockers dont line up with the tip of the valve. Do I need the isky adjustable guide plates or is the head machined wrong. see picture
valve.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Since the guide plate bolts to the rocker studs not sure how adjustable plates will help. The issue here is that the stud is not in alignment with the valve. Depending on your head and valve placement you need specialized offset rockers. From the poor quality of the picture it looks like the rocker and valve are not in the same plane.......

thanks for the fast replies.I did some research and found this to be common on these heads. The fix is adjustable guide plates. Sorry for the poor pic quality. These heads are pro comp. I know they have issues but the price was way to good. I know a couple of people that run these and they hold up well and since I dont race the care and its not a daily driver I figured why not try them.

Not saying that you are wrong but won't using adjustable guide plates to fix your problem cause a lot of friction from the pushrod being in constant contact with the guide plate? Seems like the guide plate in your situation would push the pushrod to one side causing wear to the pushrod and guide plate? Seems to me like offset rockers are a way better option.
Also do you have a good brand of hardened pushrods, or the guide plates will eat the pushrods right up.
I do think the guide plates will get you centered but you are definitely going to have metal to metal contact which I don't feel is a good way to fix your problem.
This is just my opinion, as I have never had this problem.

i have the same problem on my motor ajustable guide plates will fix the problem if the rocker is on an angle like mine but if your rocker is on straight and you have that problem than the guide plated wont fix it i would need to see a picture of the top of your rocker to be able to tell you can see how my guide plates are holding my rocker crooked
CIMG1595.jpg

CIMG1597.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG1595.jpg
    CIMG1595.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 58
  • CIMG1597.jpg
    CIMG1597.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 48
i have the same problem on my motor ajustable guide plates will fix the problem if the rocker is on an angle like mine but if your rocker is on straight and you have that problem than the guide plated wont fix it i would need to see a picture of the top of your rocker to be able to tell you can see how my guide plates are holding my rocker crooked
CIMG1595.jpg

CIMG1597.jpg
[/QUOTE
If the op has the same prob as you I do recommend the adjustable guideplates.
And I would like to see a top shot of his also, I can see why you needed them but can't really see in his case due to his pic angle. Nice pic by the way.

Attachments

• CIMG1595.jpg
    CIMG1595.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 57
  • CIMG1597.jpg
    CIMG1597.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 37