BIG PROBLEMS WITH SUPERCHARGER INSTALL

so i have a vortech v2 SQ supercharger installed on my car. it made 320 hp to the wheels at the dyno which i thought was a little low. the day i got it back i was takin a friend for a ride and after i dropped him off and went home the stang was acting really weird. it wasnt idling like it should. today i changed the spark plugs because i had just put in platinum plugs and then read that i shouldnt have used them. the cylinder closest to the front and the rear cylinder on the drivers side had both ate the tip off the spark plug....it just wasnt there. i changed the plugs back to copper and gapped them at .033 which is what iv read on here to be the best. the car is still not idling right. also i had bbk shorty headers put on and i have major leaks where they connect to the prochamber. when i would let off the gas the exhaust was making horrible back firing sounds. could this have caused the problems with the plugs. was the engine back firing. even after the plug swap the car isnt running right. does anyone have any suggestions. also if i could get the best specs to enter into the tuner that would be great. like shift points rev limiter spark advance af ratio.
here is the list of what is on the car.
vortech v2 sq
30# injectors with a MAF calibrated to them
80mm TB
ported plenum
bbk shorty headers
MAC prochamber
40 series flowmasters
xcalibrator 2 tuner

Thanks guys, i havent been able to drive the car since last october so im really anxious to get it running again. also if anyone knows a good mustang shop with a good dyno in the upstate of SC or lower part of NC that would be great to know as well.

• Sponsors (?)

Dude you can't just adjust things on the tuner, you have to have a custom dyno tune! The sparkplug being messed up is a sign of extreme detonation (that means explosions before they are supposed to happen lol).

Go get your car tuned, and DO NOT drive it or get it into boost before its tune.

Sounds to me like you need a dyno tune, I know your anxious but don't drive it until you get that tune. How much psi you running? 320hp is a little low but that dyno tune can fix that.

Dude you can't just adjust things on the tuner, you have to have a custom dyno tune! The sparkplug being messed up is a sign of extreme detonation (that means explosions before they are supposed to happen lol).

Go get your car tuned, and DO NOT drive it or get it into boost before its tune.

+1 Get that mustang carted to modular powerhouse right away. You are risking your rotating assembly.

A few things, you should be running NGK TR6s for sparkplugs, a 90mm LMAF, SVT Focus pump and 42lb injectors.

It seems like your leaning out, you said you had it tuned so what was the AF on it.

If any thing I would call Tim up at MPH and see if he can make you a mailorder tune. If you install the things I listed above you can tell him your other mods and he can use his Mongoose Tune.

Check out Amazon Tuning, they do GREAT work and they are on your end of the state.

All that detonation is likely coming from too much timing or too low of an octane fuel.

What was your air/fuel ratio like as well? Should be on your dyno sheet.

i shouldnt be leaning out with the 30# i have and i have a focus fuel pump
i need a dyno near my that knows what they are doing
i have a SCT tuner i just need someone that knows what they are doing to put a decent tune on it

You can send the tuner to Tim and he can load up a tune for you. Then all you'll have to do is hop on a dyno and check the AF. He might be able to E-Mail it to you too.

I hate to say this but you may have already wrecked your valves with the exploded tips from the spark plugs. I hope you just need a tune but since you say it now runs weird, I suspect damage may have occured.

If a tune doesnt do it, then the valves may have smashed the little plug tips.

doesnt sound too good to me either. i would say you leaned it out pretty badly and either have piston damage or valve damage from the spark plug tips. the 30# injectors will most likely be a problem also. you should have 42's in there

i would do a compression test first off to see if the engine is still any good.if compresion is good then you should be ok with a new tune

well im hoping for the best and saving up for the worst. i think im going to have it towed to a exhaust shop soon to have the exhaust straightened out then i think im going to let this place in anderson ( Amazon tuning) take care of the rest. if i have ruined the valves in the two cylinders that ate the plugs al that would need to be done would be to pull that head off and have new valves put in right? i dont think that i have piston damage. i think that the engine would run alot rougher if it were piston damage. i have really bad exhaust leaks right now and im wondering if the rough idle might be due to that. i really appreciate all the suggestions an help that has been offered so far and welcome more of it.

the exhaust leaks will difinitely cause it to run rough and cause the backfiring you have when you let off throttle.fix the leaks first and go from there.you have suffered detontation, but the backfiring is from the leaks