Bigger Pump And Injectors?

Bob F

May 14, 2015
Roscoe IL
Hi Guys, I was wondering what you thought about going to a 255 fuel pump and 24lb injectors. Like my other mods I'm interested in building a solid foundation, driveability, as well as some hp or acceleration now.

• Sponsors (?)

not really needed unless you are upgrading heads and intake. wont hurt, but I would spend that money on gears or something first. You would also need a calibrated MAF, or a tune to make it work. if you just threw that stuff in there by itself you would probably run rich and throw codes.

Unless you're making more than about 300hp (flywheel)I'd keep the 19's. The same goes for the fuel pump sizing. 255 is unnecessary unless you need that much fuel. Neither will "add" power they just "support" what your motor needs.

I already have 4.10 gears and many suspension mods like full length welded sub frame connectors, control arms, strange adj. shocks and struts, new upgraded brakes, and the Cobra replica wheels with 285/40/17 and 245/45/17 tires. Next week in goes the the Gripp strut bar, Steeda shock bar, BBK unequal lengths headers, BBK O/R H pipe,and Dynomax Ultra Flo SS cat back. I have a firewall adj. clutch cable with new quadrant, short throw shifter, Royal Purple trans fluid. Under the hood I have MAC fenderwell CAI, 70mm throttle body and EGR spacer, 3/8 inch phenolic manifold spacer, power pullies, 160 thermostat, Ford Racing 9mm plug wires, MSD cap, rotor and coil, new plugs, and timing at 14 degrees. This is an 88 speed density car.

Like others have said, you are fine for awhile with the 19's. My car made 300rwhp/330rwtq naturally aspirated with the 19's.
You can run a 255 intank with any power level.

Thanks for the answers. I am not a mechanic but my thought was that with the 70mm throttle body, CAI, and 14 degrees timing, it would be good to give it a little more fuel. I also am planning maybe a new intake or porting the stock lower one. last question, wouldn't a 255lph fuel pump provide more fuel still using stock injectors?

Thanks for the answers. I am not a mechanic but my thought was that with the 70mm throttle body, CAI, and 14 degrees timing, it would be good to give it a little more fuel. I also am planning maybe a new intake or porting the stock lower one. last question, wouldn't a 255lph fuel pump provide more fuel still using stock injectors?
All you will be doing is pumping more fuel than you'll need. The excessive fuel will flow back to the tank unused. If you're still speed density be careful with mods or the computer will go into fits. You do not need bigger injectors! Period! You really don't need a bigger pump either with your mods. If you eventually plan on adding significant power ie a blower,and/or heads/cam/intake etc then you'll need the appropriate sized inj and pump. You can add the pump now if you want. But it will do nothing for performance at your combo's power levels. I highly recommend either doing a MAF conversion or a standalone computer system if you plan on serious future mods. If staying with the current mods no need to change.