Black and gray connectors on engine harness

Kid wita 5oh

I'm definitely not in the original hole
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2000
Saugus, MA
Does anyone have a source to get old connectors?
I'm going to check the 2 junk yards near me this weekend, but last time they didn't have any foxbodies lying around (any other cars to check from the same era?)

Specifically I need the back and gray connectors off the engine harness that connect to the body harnesses on the driver's side.

I'm installing a Terminator X and need to build a harness to run the AC, coil, and factory gauges.
I'm trying to avoid cutting up either my existing body side connections or butchering the perfectly good stock engine harness I removed

Or if someone has an engine harness that is already cut up pm me and I'll buy them from you...

• Sponsors (?)

So is this on a 1990 car? I want to say that was the only year to have the 8 pin white and black "cannon" connectors for the dash harness. I believe 91-93 had one brown "cannon connector". Just wanting to clarify for anyone else reading this thread as it will help locating a set.

Nope 89.

Looking for the two in the engine bay on the main engine harness driver side.

These (pic taken from another thread here)
1000002489.jpg

It's very year specific, but at the same time Ford used those connectors universally.

You can thumb through this catalog and see what's available, but buying new is expensive. Some of these are in the $30+ range each.

Junkyard is your best option. A lot of those connectors came on many different fords in the era, not just the Mustang. The closest to your year span would be an 87-89 Mustang in terms of having the same wiring. Things changed in 1990 and again in 1991 and 1992.

You can even add/remove pins from those connectors pretty easily.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll look to see if I still have that parts harness, keep us posted on your search,
I always hated it when people at the junk ahhhh, I mean salvage yards just cut the wires when removing parts. :doh:

I think I'm good. Just remembered I work for a fleet that is 99% Ford's:doh:....just went over to our "scrap yard" and found 2 pairs. Ill just shave the locating tabs if needed