Black Jack: The show must go on... Installing the TMOSS GT40 Lower

• Sponsors (?)

1000020931.jpg

1000020933.jpg

1000020929.jpg

1000020935.jpg

Going to go to the drag strip this evening. Ugh... plans change!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Heavy rush hour traffic. Was stopped behind me. Next thing I know, the car lurched forward with a loud pop. I was just beginning to let the clutch out and for some reason my first thought was that the clutch exploded and the pressure plate fully engaged the disc. Probably took me 2 full seconds to realize I'd been hit. Guy said his foot slipped off of the brake.

• Angry
  • ItsAliens
Reactions: 2 users
Damn….. he got the hatch too! Just saw that.

That just sucks man.
I work all different shifts all hours of the day……. but had an 8-5 today. I was so close to taking the Mustang……. And then all the traffic, sitting in the parking lot all day, traffic coming home, got in my head ….. and I let her rest.

It just sucks that there’s so much stupidity on the roads……. that those are the thoughts that go through my head.

This just proves my theory!

Reactions: 1 users
Damn man, that SUCKS! I wonder if @95steedamustang might be able to help you find a good repair shop in your area, or if you're willing to take it to him maybe he can fix it right. Whatever you do, DO NOT let the insurance low ball you on the value of the car. That is a $20-$30k car for sure, if they balk at it get a lawyer. Not sure what the traffic laws are where you live but in TX if you hit someone from behind it's your fault no matter what.

I’d drive around with the damage before I put those things on!
Lmao... It's all good. I'dnever install those. I hate that style. Was hoping someone would respond like that. lol... I actually pulled the Ford tailight off a couple months ago and saved it for one of my other cars. A local guy sold me an aftermarket LX light assembly for like $50 and gave it to me in that box, and that's what was on the car when it was hit. The Ford light assy is back on...

1000020956.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
The good news is that I have spare tail lights:

1000020957.jpg

I found some headlights for ya.... they're not a perfect match, but they are just as cool! ;)

Damn man, that SUCKS! I wonder if @95steedamustang might be able to help you find a good repair shop in your area, or if you're willing to take it to him maybe he can fix it right. Whatever you do, DO NOT let the insurance low ball you on the value of the car. That is a $20-$30k car for sure, if they balk at it get a lawyer. Not sure what the traffic laws are where you live but in TX if you hit someone from behind it's your fault no matter what.
This will be a repair. They won't total it, or I'll fight like hell. At worst, it's just a bumper cover, possibly the 5mph bumper, hatch, key lock assy, and paint. Paint/labor will be the costliest part.

I might have to go to comps or court, but really not worried about it. If this was my fault and I had to do it all myself, it'd be ok. So, as a baseline, I'm in a pretty good spot.

I found some headlights for ya.... they're not a perfect match, but they are just as cool! ;)

Just wow... Is the quality of those measured in Cut, Color, Clarity, Carats or fractals?

This will be a repair. They won't total it, or I'll fight like hell. At worst, it's just a bumper cover, possibly the 5mph bumper, hatch, key lock assy, and paint. Paint/labor will be the costliest part.

I might have to go to comps or court, but really not worried about it. If this was my fault and I had to do it all myself, it'd be ok. So, as a baseline, I'm in a pretty good spot.

I don’t think they will total it. Should be easy to find comps to back up the value.

• Agree
I hope you can get it fixed up quick. That os one of my biggest fears anytime I take the cars out. People are idiots.

I don’t think they will total it. Should be easy to find comps to back up the value.
For yours it's likely they won't total it or even try, but for something like mine where the VIN shows it to be a 4 cylinder originally the book value will show lower.