Black Paint

PonyKeg said:
Yep, my Sonic Blue 05 has that same pinprick on the hood, and it's white. You can barely see it, but I know it's there. :(

Exactly. And what really gets me, I have no idea how it got there. I certainly never noticed any rocks or anything hitting the hood while driving. Seems like I would have seen/heard something when it happened. Maybe a tiny meteorite hit it in the middle of the night.

• Sponsors (?)

Pliskin said:
You have no idea how jealous I am of you. It's either V6 or nothing for me.

The looks are almost identical and in my book all of the 05's look great! So no need to be left wanting. I saw a lowered, striped, 18x9 wheeled V6 yesterday that was absolutely stunning! I had to chase him down to the local grocery store and have a talk with him. Beautiful job he had done on his 6.

nbk13nw said:
The looks are almost identical and in my book all of the 05's look great! So no need to be left wanting. I saw a lowered, striped, 18x9 wheeled V6 yesterday that was absolutely stunning! I had to chase him down to the local grocery store and have a talk with him. Beautiful job he had done on his 6.

Kind of inspires me. Thank you :nice:

Black is the only color for the Mustang

If it won't be garage kept, and it's your daily driver, then maybe not. But most cars look better in black, because quite honestly, most cars are not very attractive, and black hides a lot of the ugliness. Just look around you when you're out driving, and you'll see what I mean. Some Porsches and Mercedes have gorgeous lines, and silver shows it off beautifully. Red should be revered for Ferraris. Vettes should be canary yellow, period; BMWs, dark blue. As for a new Mustang, it's got to be black. It's the only way to tie the design elements together in a sleek, stealthy package. Otherwise, it's a bit too busy and plastic looking. BTW, I'm picking up a black GT 5-speed with 18" polished aluminum wheels this week. This will be the 3rd black car I've owned - no regrets at all.

I just got my GT about two weeks ago - my first black car. When it is clean - wow - stand back and admire. But I do admit, it looks like its gonna need a cleaning about every week or so to keep it tip-top. As for small scratches and swirl marks on the clearcoat you can use some Meguire's paint cleaner to remove those smaller kinds of things. Oh, mine is garaged too...

I say go for it, I'm not sorry I did and it doesn't seem like anyone else is.

I bought a black 05 GT and loved it for the first 8 months. It was the only color available at the time. Soon it began to show scratches and swirl marks. I am pretty anal when it comes to my Stangs. I thought about how it was going to look in three to four years and decided to trade. There were other reasons but this one was the biggest. I will say though when it was clean it was a beautiful color. Just to add a small note. I work at an automobile dealership and had it detailed the right way. The car still got scratches and swirl marks.