BLINKERS DONT WORK-ANY IDEAS?

blckstng96

Apr 13, 2004
Im not sure why but my blinkers arent working anymore on my 88 lx.they used to but not now.hazards work,high beams work,defrost light on the button works,fuse is good,wipers work.any clue what it could be?

• Sponsors (?)

Check your grounds under the hood. Also, check the switch, the switch could still be bad. The contacts get gang-green in them. Also, check the connector. They burn up sometimes, and will cause a short.

By chance does your HVAC blower motor also not work. If so, you need to replace your ignition switch. Had this happen last week.

A good way to check: After you start the car, gently move the ignition key (keeping it in the engine run position). If your blinkers start working, this is a classic sign for the ignition switch.

try the flasher first, as of this morning mine would come on and stay on wouldnt blink, but I swapped in a new unit, and they blink again... im thinking that it has to be the flasher, its behind the glove box, just pull the two tabs down that hold the door from dropping all the way down and then you will see it is usually blue, now you can get a faster one as well cuz the foxes are slow lol

the hvac motor works so im thinkin its not that,im actually hoping its the flasher but who knows.when they did work they were slow as all hell.im gunna try that and see what happens