Blower Dilema...2001 Cobra

VSTOLsnake

Nov 16, 2003
Looking for recommendations from people who have blowers. I really want the "6-psi KB" ($4600) the 9-psi cooled is too much ($6800). Next choice is Procharger 3-core kit (about $4k, many good "used" kits at $3K). Vortech might be the best Centi but they cost a bunch more than ProCharger. I understand the boost/HP/Tq curves of each. Car will see no track time...just street. Please help me choose...

Thanks,
2001 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

supposedly the KB isn't making the power it was advertised to make..like 40-50 rwhp less..also its a big risk running a blower on a 10.1:1 compression car unless you get a real good safe tune. be careful :)

The centri's are a lot of fun....but you do have to get into the RPM's before you really feel the pull. At 5K RPM's it starts to push you back in your seat.

With the KB, it's instant. Like someone just rear-ended the car. Puts you back in your seat right away.

So, for a street car, the KB would put a smile on your face a lot faster. Plus you don't have to go 2x the speed limit to really enjoy it.

the centri's are not a problem at all, just put some dam gears in your car :) plus it is less strain on your motor, since it does not make boost right away. too each his own though, but I would wait on that new kb, they are still working the kinks out of it