blower or n0s?

j_packman

Apr 1, 2010
Bryan
I've got a 96 GT....pi swapped/bbk longtubes/x pipe/flos/u/d pullies/bbk cai/tf intake plenum/tf 75mm tb/steeda aluminum driveshaft/373's.....i might be forgetting something but yeah. My question is should I spray the car or should I get it set up w/ a supercharger? I'm planning on keeping the car under 500hp. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also..what types of s/c's would be alright using stock PI heads and cams?

• Sponsors (?)

SC!!!! The power is ALWAYS there, where as nitrous is only there when you hit the button.. Plus, and this could be completely wrong, but I believe 100% that SC is easier on your bottom end than nitrous is..

Your goal should be around 400hp... Anything much over 400-430 you're asking for trouble.

N20 is great if you don't want to use it all the time. It's a simple setup, cost effective, and it only takes a few minutes to change the jets.

Supercharging, while more expensive is always there, less strenuous on the engine and more reliable (no solenoids to fail, no intakes blowing apart).

im with 99% of everyone else with boost, ive just seen too much stuff go wrong with the laughing gas. of course nitrous can be very effective if tuned correctly but there aren't a whole lot of people that can tune nitrous effectively.