BLOWN 347 Stroker

chargedpony

Jul 24, 2005
I have a procharger 18psi and a 302 stock block and I want to build it up into a 347 stroker. Can anyone give me some ideas on what kind of combos that I can put into it. Like what kind of intake and what kind of stroker kit I should use. Should I go all forged even with the crank. What kind of tb should I use. I also have 42lbs injectors. Would the BBK intake be good to use or something diffrent. Im looking for big numbers on the street. What balance should I put on the rotating assembly.I want it to last me and not wear out the block after 50,000miles. Any input is welcome. Let me know what you all think.

• Sponsors (?)

what hp you making now? that stock block must by suffering with 18psi of boost.

first thing you need is a new block. if your going that far, you should think about a 4 bolt main 351w. the rod angles are pretty extreme with the 347 causing more wear on the cylinder walls.

what if I kept the psi to 12 on a 347 stroker. would that be better. Its just a 351w seems to be more of a hassel than what its worth. I was kind of wanting to stay simple. Its just witha 302 block it can be bolted with in.

Building a stroker is a total waste of money in this case. You are looking to spend well over 1000 to build a stroker. Why? You can blow the motor just as easy with the 302 and boost.

A new block would be a much better way to spend the cash.

Keep the boost around 8-10psi with a forged 331 rotating assembly along with a stock block and you should be ok. This should put you around 450rwhp. If you want to run anymore than that, time for an "R" or Dart block which means you gotta lay down the cash.

Also consider these things if you want to run over 500hp with a "R" or Dart block...

Complete Fuel System
Complete Cooling System
Strengthening of entire frame (Subframes, Welded crossmember support, torque boxes, axle tubes etc...)
Built Tranny
Built Rear End
1350 U-Joints and Yoke
Roll Cage

If none of this is already done, plan on spending AT LEAST another $10,000 when your all said and done. This is why I recommend staying around 450rwhp and keep everything you have.

Waste of time, you can make enough power to split the block on stock cubes. There is a chance you will split the block and ruin your new internals. My friend split the block in his and didnt even know it, his internals were fine but it didnt last long.

Your block doesnt know boost, it does know horsepower and if you are spinning a procharger hard enough to make 18 psi on a 347, your block is gonna be irrate.