Blown intake gasket!

Jacob_Royer

Nov 24, 2007
Drove my car today and noticed low coolant light... Pop the hood and anti-freeze going everywhere! looked to be comming out between the heads and the intake! Is the intake most likely shot? 96... Wasnt there a recall on these? if it wasnt done will ford fix it? if not should i just replace it with a PI intake?? if so does anybody have one for sale? will the intake be ok without the pi cams??? what year to look for?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, i remember when my manifold cracked...p.o.s.....after i got it fixed i had gotten a letter about people organizing to have ford reimburse (spellcheck) us for our loses....i remember this place, www.gtrhipo.com got me a PI intake, bbk plenum, throttle body, intake and installed it all for 700. thats including parts/labor and when i went to go to show ford my reciepts i had GTR just make me a phony one.....he priced it up to about 1300 bucks lol, .....so once i got that, i was able to do gears and exhaust.

Dude i know a blown intake gasket when i see one :) i can show you pics if you want but its eaither a cracked to hell intake or a blown intake gasket.. Been through this already on my chevy truck blew an intake gasket and had a big mess of coolent everywhere... I just figure no sense in puting the plastic pos intake back on it and might as well go pi..

I remember when these cars first came out with 4.6's to of my friends lost there intakes within a year! amazing mine lasted so long... (141k) Besides I need more power!!! here is my 4200lb(without me in it so add 200lbs hehe) 3.8 v6 car with a STOCK blower pulley on it (wanted a baseline for my new pulley combo i've got a stock/ 5%/10%/15%/20% blower overdrive setup sitting here for it)

View attachment 341579

PI_intake.jpg

Is this all i need other than gaskets?? this i can get for $150 and its a new FORD manifold

Attachments

• PI_intake.jpg
    PI_intake.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 80