Body Twisting

Mustang_GT_02

Mar 24, 2004
Alright I can barely use my first gear whenver I take off it either just burns out my tires or my whole car twists to the right or left same thing when shifting from first to 2nd fast either its my tires (firehawks firestone) or it is that I need to do something about the body twisting anything thats out there?

• Sponsors (?)

oh also im running 275/40/17 in back 245/45/17 in front

well lets say im in 3rd I downshift to 2nd and punch it it feels like my back end is coming out i let go a little and it straights out, im thinking maybe some subframe connectors would help

What your describing is pretty normal when you dont have any traction.

My car does the same. I can be sitting still and nail it taking off and the rear end will step to the side a little when the tires break loose.

Also if I shift from 3rd to 2nd hard it will break loose in the back and sometimes kick out a little.

For me, its due to crappy tires. SFC's probaly wont help the problem. They are good for stiffening the chassis and you will notice that most in corners, and hard launching I would imagine. Good tires should help out though.

Actually the SFCs will help a little in keeping it straight. LCA in the rear would help too. When I shift to 3rd mine does it too and it can get a little scarry :D

itz all dat MAD powa yo!!

check your lower control arm bushings to see if they're still in one piece and the quad-shocks to make sure they still have life in them

i changed my quad-shocks 2 weeks ago and those suckers were GONE and my car only has 44k. now if i take off aggresively from a stop it doesn't squeal the tires at 1/4 throttle like it did before, it just stays planted

plus your tires might be bald as ****:shrug:

check your lower control arm bushings to see if they're still in one piece and the quad-shocks to make sure they still have life in them

i changed my quad-shocks 2 weeks ago and those suckers were GONE and my car only has 44k. now if i take off aggresively from a stop it doesn't squeal the tires at 1/4 throttle like it did before, it just stays planted

Wow, the quad shocks helped that much? Might need to invest cause my car just freakin spins.

How do you check if your quad shocks are bad??? I know where they are and when I replaced my tires my pasenger side quad shock looked like it had mud all over it and when I went to wipe it off it was actually the rubber around it that was comming off like it was melted or something...

The tires are still good, what are LCA's?

how exactly do I check if my quadshocks are good the guy I bought the car said he recently replaced the shocks when he replaced the springs, lower control arm bushings where do I check on them.

Thanks for the help!

Wow, the quad shocks helped that much?

i wouldn't say they helped THAT much, not enought to merit a "Wow" at least. but they did make a small improvement i'd say and that's in addition to the MM LCA's i already have on the car. some say you can run without the quads if you've got aftermarket LCA's (rear Lower Control Arms) but call me crazy i noticed more of a difference (traction-wise) with the replacement of my blown quads over the replacement of the stock LCA's:shrug:

the blue ones going sideways are the quad-shocks. these are aftermarket, stocks are black with no boots

axle_installed.jpg

to check them just take them off (15 and 18mm i believe) and compress them. if you can compress them with 1 finger and they don't move back they're done. i went with KYB's from stangsuspension.com, $38 each.

Not bad.

Mine are busted up real bad... someone beat my car before I bought it.

I dont know if I posted pictures of my "stock" springs or not, but it was worth a laugh and a half...