Boom Tube Review

mustangdave

My rearend needs a stud and two nuts.
Founding Member
Feb 26, 2002
North Carolina
O.K. , First mod for sound only:
Axle Back Boom Tubes manufactured by Mac for Pacifica :

Quality: NONE!!!Welds show thru chrome(?) coating, rattles when upended, welds are pure crap,hangers do not line up,etc...

Sound: Unbeleivably great! No drone, quiet at normal speeds, wicked at full throttle.

Install: I could not believe how the passenger side lined up perfectly:3
min. install. Driver side was over 4 inches off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF???????????????????????? Took 2 hrs to line up in the driveway.Had to take assembly off and on 4 times to bend hangers in clamps just to get it to align. Nasty e-mails to manufacturer to follow. Got it for $310 free shipping.I'm sure the "chrome" will burn off but I can't wait to post the result of the e-mails I'm going to send to the Pecker heads that made this crap.

• Sponsors (?)

I picked mine up from the manufacturer in Temecula, CA in Feb this year. The designer said he got the idea from a harley design. Anyway, my driver side muffler fit fine (lined up flush with facia), but the passenger side stuck out 3 inches past the facia. The supplied clamps did not secure the over axel pipe to the new muffler assembly on either side. I emailed and called the guy about getting new clamps and he said he would send new ones out right away. After 2 weeks and no clamps or word on the 3inch difference, I went to a exhaust shop and had the passenger side shorted to be even, removed the clamps and had them spot welded. If it didn't sound so great at idle, cruise, and WOT, I would have been a little more upset at customer service. I think he makes them by himself and is a little overwhelmed handling both assembly and the service/warranty side.