Borgeson Box install

• Sponsors (?)

Well leave it to me to tackle a weekend project and have it take 3months to complete..:rolleyes:
I have completed the install and all I can say is Wow what a change. I am able to steer the car with one finger as its sitting in my garage. I took it out for a drive yesterday and am very happy with the quicker steering and was able to let go of the streering wheel and not worry about it darting around. I would encourage anyone whos is looking for a better way to power steering to really look into this install. I dont want to get into a debate between the Rack & Pinion vs Bogeson but for me and my car it has been a perfect fit.

As with any modification there are some issues that need to be covered but they were at least to me common sense fixes. The one that I believe they should do a better covering for safety reasons is that the steering shaft needs to be drilled for the set screw to pentrate. You need to mock it up and to get it all set right and then mark for this so there isnt a way for the steering shaft to come out as your driving down the road

Shakin66,
Thank you very much for your update/review/opinion. I know how projects like that can be.:rolleyes: and in case I haven't mentioned it before, your car looks "FARGING AWESOME"! Nice color, perfect stance, nicely filled wheel openings, finely detailed and just an all around GREAT looking Mustang!!!:jaw:
Thank You Again,
Gene

I'm thinking about the same upgrade for my 66. I'm considering putting in a new steering column to deal with some of the safety issues i've heard with 65 and 66s not having a collapsable column. May use a IDIDIT or Flaming river. Any idea on issues that may cause

That was one of the major benifits for this swap. I no longer have a spear pointing toward my chest/ head. The use of a rag joint makes it safer but I am unsure as to what else could be done to make it truely collapsable.
The stock column was cut off and I did a little more work on mine while it was out of the car and changed to a smaller woodgrain wheel.