Borgeson steering box, is it the same as the GM box?

• Sponsors (?)

Not GM. Its a modified Isuzu steering box. The pump is a saginaw pump used on many GM vehicles.

I bought the kit from borgeson, without the upgraded pump. I'm going to install it over Christmas break and see how the stock pump fairs. If its not to my liking I'll get a saginaw pump.

Not GM. Its a modified Isuzu steering box. The pump is a saginaw pump used on many GM vehicles.

I bought the kit from borgeson, without the upgraded pump. I'm going to install it over Christmas break and see how the stock pump fairs. If its not to my liking I'll get a saginaw pump.
Rmoore. Did you get your steering installed and if so is it nice? I was thinking about one myself.

These look like the GM boxes to me. Is it possible to fit a used one from a GM vehicle and just get the hoses and steering column? And a pump bracket as well.
If you were thinking of the 71-73 Mustang steering…

pssystem.jpg

Attachments

• pssystem.jpg
    pssystem.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 206
Rmoore. Did you get your steering installed and if so is it nice? I was thinking about one myself.

I installed it and it is great! The install was easy and the stock pump does well, it could be better but for now its amazing. I was used to having a ton of play in the old steering so this is a big change for me. Cutting the column was scary but I only cut off a little at a time to get the right fit. If I had 1 complaint about the system is that the new steering box is a 3.75 turn from lock to lock vs. my original box was a 3.5 turn so the difference is minimal but noticeable. As of right now I'm making wide turns because of the difference but I will soon adapt.