Bought a bike!!!! Check out my new owners manual :)

• Sponsors (?)

DocG2828 said:
Enjoy it! Always respect the bike and it will respect you!

not on a 1300 i wouldnt want to own that thing cause id be dead...sure you say ill keep it under 100 but let me know when you are well above 150 cause it only took me 3 days.

im not really feelin the decision on that bike but I really hope you are safe on it.

post some pics of that beast before its scratched up...j/k

remember be as careful as possible

04GTMustang said:
oh and while you bought that bike i bought a full automatic autococker paintball gun lol. My friend wanted me to bring my gun down to college so he can play me so i just bought a better one lol. Im not too sure he wants to play me anymore lol I told him if you get hit with one ball you better duck cause there will be many more coming. Sucker shoots 18 balls per sec.:D

They still make autocockers?!?!?!?!?!?

And 1300 for a first bike? I know it's been said... but damn :D. Having driven a few 600's, I mean god damn.

Wear that ****ing helmet everywhere, and don't be a douche riding it around at first. Respect the power. If the front end starts coming up too fast, hit the rear brake. Train your brain to make that an automatic response to the front end coming up. Trust me, it'll save your butt at some point.

FalconGuy016 said:
They still make autocockers?!?!?!?!?!?

And 1300 for a first bike? I know it's been said... but damn :D. Having driven a few 600's, I mean god damn.
yea they still make em and they are much cheaper heck this gun is full electronic with a 14in barrel. Im about to take it back though cause i found it for 120cheaper online. i found it for 160 lol. Brand new still

streetstang03 said:
+1

nice knowing ya :nice: guess you wont live to see your tt GT drive
:lol: just respect the power man and when people say when it starts to come up hit the rear break please dont not slam on it. If its in 1st gear when it comes up just lightly back off the gas dont back off too fast or else ur gonna do a tank slapper and most likely wreck it. Oh i might as well highlight the Whenbecause it will come up its just a matter of time it took me till i had it broken in and then went riding with my friend and came out of a turn and nailed the gas and she stood up. Just dont panic at all when ur on a bike or ur screwed.

yea.... never ever hit the rear brake when the front end comes down or your sure to lose it.... you just back off the throttle.... and once you do start using the rear brake you learn how to feather it and use it to your advantage to find a balance point, etc.... but even the slightest tap on it will send you back down

good luck and be smart... bikes maddd fast

hit the rear brakes?? jesus thats bad info. the key to being a good rider is being smooth and vigilant. hell i NEVER use the rear brake. there is no point, im not nicky hayden backing into corners...Never get use to using the brakes to correct not knowing how to ride properly. thats when guys get into a corner too hot, panic, grab a handful of brakes and stand the bike straight up and shoot off the road....

I gotta throw my 2 cents in ... If you have never owned a bike before, that has to be one of the worst first bikes to buy. In my opinion, you should start with a dirtbike, then like a 600, then something like what you have now.

I've never owned one, but I have ridden on all my friends bikes (drove em') and I got on a R1 a few years ago and I almost **** my pants! As I started to get used to that much power, I realized that I never need a bike. I would kill myself for sure!

HOWEVER, maybe you will have good luck with such a strong bike for your first. I hope so. But for God's sake, wear the helmet or you could end up with a split cranial unit.

go straight to a local motorcycle riding saftey program.. hell with that bike.. go to 10 of them. now that you got that bike (although i would of never have) , learn how to ride it and control it from professionals. i dont agree with all these people trying to scare you and tell you your going to die, but a 1300 was really a poor choice. im a christain and i believe you are too from your sig, and i pray hope he protects you dispite your poor decision. God protected my uncle for 21 years of riding and this summer on a suzuki 800 it still wasent enough. ehh.. this subject still gives me the chills

its just that a busa is sooo heavy compared to like a 600 which is the main problem have fun backing it up and people looking at you like WTF when you cant move that beast around I almost dropped my 750 a few times manuevering it.

but just wait until you start to ride it then your mind may change about buying such a big bike I just dont see the point from any angle.

Pics updated in first post :D

Iv rode it around our neighborhood some more and im definatly getting better at riding it. Both places I turn around have some gravel, and iv went back and forth about 10 times. Im feeling much more comphortable on the bike...like some said here, it will respect you if you respct it. I just cruize the short distance @ 20-30ish and lean through the s curve and turn around...adveraged nearly 25MPG just going back and forth LOL.

Its VERY fun, but it requires alot of attention...fortunatly im trained to multitask as I am a pilot. One thing you guys must understand is that im not the adverage 20YO...sure I LOVE speed, but im very carefull and gradually work my skills up along with risks. Some fools would just go out and nail the bike...im not like that. Taking it VERY slow to get familure with the controls and learning to know where they are by instinct....just like I have to do in any new aircraft. Takes patience and practice...but I THANK you all for what your saying. And yea I know its not the smartest thing to do...should have started out lower, but I know I wouldnt be happy with a small bike and then would loose money on the trade in 6 months later. I like doing things one time and get what I know ill be happy with :)

go big or go home. although this is a BIKE which is dangerous and must be taken seriously, and something i will never buy.. that motto is how i live too. i dont like repeating things either or being a whimp, but with a bike it might have not been a bad idea.. but i understand why you did it. you want the challange and thats respectable, as long as you respect it.

hotmustang331 said:
but I THANK you all for what your saying. And yea I know its not the smartest thing to do...should have started out lower, but I know I wouldnt be happy with a small bike and then would loose money on the trade in 6 months later. I like doing things one time and get what I know ill be happy with :)

Well, at least you have sense. :) We all just want you to stay alive and be safe. The reason I gave my input is because of knowing people that learned the hard way ... so sharing the negative aspects of buying a large bike for your first can hopefully just make you that much more careful when starting out. But make sure that if you roll up on some guys that have been riding for a while and they want you to run with them, don't let your ego get in the way of rationality. It happens too, I've seen it.

On a different note, I know what you mean with respect to starting out on something that is difficult. I tend to do that also with all my hobbies. People think I'm crazy sometimes but it feels good to prove em' wrong. Know what I mean? :nice: