Bought me a truck

• Sponsors (?)

I figgure 20 bux a week for gas. I only live 7 miles from work.

Heres the deal. I knew I was going to need something to drive if I sold the stang and I ran across this truck. Yeah its not pretty but it runs and drives and will get from point A to point B. I know It will drink the gas due to the big block, I know its not pretty but for 500 clams it was a bargin.

The upside to this is I have a nice motorcycle and I ride it when the weather is nice so the truck will sit alot this summer. The bike gets 55-60 mpg.

The only time I drove the stang is when the weather was bad, cold,raing etc.
When its nice I am on the bike.

Now some will say you should have sold the bike. I cannot sell it because I owe about what its worth on it.

I am 37 years old and if there is one thing I have learned, it is that cars are replaceable. God knows I have had ALOT of cars.

Yall can say what you want. I did what I needed to do to get caught up on bills and take care of my family. Thats the bottom line.
I was just repeatedly busting your balls. I understand why you did it and I already knew about the bike. :shrug:
The truck is not bad and if I saw one like that here for $500 I would of bought it had I needed it or not. :nice:

So does it leak any oil?

I was just repeatedly busting your balls. I understand why you did it and I already knew about the bike. :shrug:
The truck is not bad and if I saw one like that here for $500 I would of bought it had I needed it or not. :nice:

So does it leak any oil?

Yeah it has valve cover leaks. :notnice:

Looks like the brakes in the truck are shot. I am having the shop down the road do the work. I dont have the time or patience to do it.

Looks like the brakes in the truck are shot. I am having the shop down the road do the work. I dont have the time or patience to do it.
Brakes are gravy! Cant take but an hour to do the fronts and another 1.5 hours for the back :shrug:
Do it yo self ya wuss! :fuss:

Its more than just the hardware. It has broken bolts,rusted up fittings on the lines,the old trailer brake is plumbed into the brake lines and needs to be removed. I just dont have the time.

Got it back from the shop. It stops great now. I have about 1300.00 in the truck with everything I have done to it. Seems to be running good and the brakes are new so hopefully It will get from a to b safely now.

hows the truck doin? i am looking at getting a 73 right now...not nearly as nice as yours though and it will cost me $900...wanna sell the wheels off yours? haha

Its getting me to and from work just fine.

Nice to see someone saving those 460's:nice:

3 speed correct?

Yeah 460 with 3 speed auto trans.