Bought me a truck

• Sponsors (?)

You sold the stang?? And bought THAT?

damn that fkn blows.

+1

...but when times are hard, NEEDS > WANTS. That said, $500 is a damned good deal for that truck ... although I would've maybe looked for something just a weeeeeee bit better on gas than an old 460... (Of course, nothing says you can't always pull the motor, sell it for a chunk o' change, and drop in something else like a nice 302 or 351...? :shrug:)

i love the truck, it's a shame you got rid of the stang but you gotta do what you gotta do, right? :shrug:

all it needs now is to be slammed and tubbed with that 460 bored and stroked to some ridiculous number... get on it, i'll be waiting :D

A clean truck like that would be worth 4k+ up here probably (provided its rust free)

Its not so rust free. It has holes in florrs that need attention etc.

Thats a damned good lookin $500 truck...amazing! I bought my 77 in ALOT worse shape for $300 and thought I got a deal. Good stuff, great truck!
Matt

For 500.00 its a good deal.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the 73-79 Fords!!!!!

I will give you $750 for it right now!!

That is an absolute steal for $500!!

not for sale.. LOL

You sold the stang?? And bought THAT?

damn that fkn blows.

No I bought this and then sold the stang. We needed the money bad.

i love the truck, it's a shame you got rid of the stang but you gotta do what you gotta do, right? :shrug:

all it needs now is to be slammed and tubbed with that 460 bored and stroked to some ridiculous number... get on it, i'll be waiting :D

haha yeah...

Do a burnout!

I dont think it will. LOL

Do a burnout!
Its a 460, he would have to put some dish soap on the tires or something :rlaugh:
Never could figure out how Ford can make an engine so frakin big and make absolutly no power. What were they that year? 120hp? :nonono:

A cam, plenum, carb and ignition and I bet you can double that :nice:

My '83 300 is running a little under the weather right now, getting like single digit gas mileage in the city and like 13 highway. I figure, these trucks are so old, i could probably get a 460 out of a jy for like $300 and get the same gas mileage and have 4 times the power lol.

+1

...but when times are hard, NEEDS > WANTS. That said, $500 is a damned good deal for that truck ... although I would've maybe looked for something just a weeeeeee bit better on gas than an old 460... (Of course, nothing says you can't always pull the motor, sell it for a chunk o' change, and drop in something else like a nice 302 or 351...? :shrug:)

I agree.. Needs are always > wants...

Thats why i'm still DD'ing a 1992 Jeep Cherokee with a multicolored front fender, and 207k on the clock :rlaugh:

No I bought this and then sold the stang. We needed the money bad.

I've been there.. sold stangs cause i needed money as well.. it really sucks doesn't it :(

Its good though that you have you're priorities in order!

On that note, lower it, lose the cap and install a tonneau cover FTW!!!

I've been there.. sold stangs cause i needed money as well.. it really sucks doesn't it :(

Its good though that you have you're priorities in order!

On that note, lower it, lose the cap and install a tonneau cover FTW!!!

I enjoyed the car while I had it. Yeah it sucks to have to sell it, but its just a car. :nice:

Looks awesome without the cap...

I like those wheels alot. Polish them up and get a wide set of BFG Radial T/A's and It will be one tough looking truck.

My dad had an '86 F350 which to the best of my knowledge is the same engine was 245hp/390tq, but the vague references I can find on the web point to the late 70's 460 being in the lower 200's HP and around 360-365tq

Hey Shawn,

Hope everything is ok with you and your family. I know you really didn't want to sell the Stang. But I admire your sense of responsibility though. Hope everything gets better :nice:

Hey Shawn,

Hope everything is ok with you and your family. I know you really didn't want to sell the Stang. But I admire your sense of responsibility though. Hope everything gets better :nice:

Thanks Aaron, We are doing fine. We just needed the cash for other things. :nice:

Turns out my buddy sold it because it had a hot start issue. Starts fine when cold but when hot it wouldnt start (would not hardly crank), I hooked the timing light up to it and the timing was waaaaaay advanced. I backed it down to 10* and it starts right up hot or cold now. :banana: