Bought some new body parts...

• Sponsors (?)

On a serious note, this would look sick on your car.
1pc-tonneaut.gif

Attachments

• 1pc-tonneaut.gif
    1pc-tonneaut.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 93
69Clark- that's all I bought at Carlisle. As for what will be under that hood... you'll have to wait for that! :D

Rob- after I finish my chrome moly roll bar that I have planned I may very well end up buying a cover like that. I want the roll bar first though so I know if I can get it to all work. I'll pass on the wing though, only because I already have a S351 wing. :p

Who are you gonna get to do the roll bar?
Ive been talking to the guys at Rigid race cars and their work is suppose to be top notch and they really take their time to talk to you and find out what you want. I ordered their aluminum seat bracket from them today, for my new "seat". Great guys to deal with and their located in Ohio.:nice:

Rob, after seeing the quality weld job they did on Mike's '03 cobra, I'd definitely use them if I can afford it. Right now I'm unsure who I'll get to do it. My cousin can tig weld, so I'm tempted to make my own, but I really have no idea who I'll get to do it. I'll give you a call either tomorrow or monday, I'm off to bed now.

hey paul, i actually see a car every day when i come home for lunch from school thats exactly what your after...this guy works at someones house, so i have the pleasure of seeing it every day...

DSCN0484.jpg

i had more pics of it from the front and side on my camera, but i deleted them a while ago...if i see him again, ill get you more pics, but it has the stalker front bumper, saleen skirts, saleen rear bumper, cobra r hood, and that fugly double stack saleen wing...i think your s351 will be MUCH nicer!

Attachments

• DSCN0484.jpg
    DSCN0484.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 115
wow man....LOVE that hood!

I dont understand how its so cheap tho....I mean look at a cervanies hood, they are almost $500. That hood sells for 285!~ How is the fit/finish, and the underside? I gotta buy a new hood, and i may go with those guys for the price if its a good hood! Also nice stalker bumper...i bet you could hide an intercooler in there....all nice and low profile-like.

damn you paul, now someone else has my hood!
jk good choice, when i took it to a body shop to have it painted/installed they never friggin puttied the imperfections or sanded it. the idiot just painted and installed it. it looks ok, just a bit rough looking up close, that will all be fixed when i get some $$ saved up for a paint job!
-fawcett

hey paul, can you put that hood on your car to test fit it for me? Just wondering about there build quality...Im a bit thrown off, because the last hood i bought off ebay was totally out of porportion and dident line up at all!....i got screwed...

Michael- if you have any more pics of that car please post them up. I already have my mind made up that is what I'm going with, but it never hurts to get some reassurance especially being as indecisive as I am.

Paul and Aaron- I definitely agree that this will be a big improvement over the xenon. I bought the xenon way back in '98 and my taste have definitely changed a lot since then. Aaron, I'm not sure of the weight, but just from memory of what the stock hood weighs this seems lighter. I know for certain that the front bumper will be lighter since the xenon is a add on to the stock piece, so basically its twice as thick as this cervini's.

Fawcett- to be completely honest, this thing looks like it will require MINIMAL prepping. The gel coat is nice and smooth and the sides are also gel coated. There are a few knicks in it from them bringing them up here in the truck, but its nothing major. The bumper will require more prep than the hood from what i have seen so far.

GreenmustangGt- I hope to throw the hood on sometime this week. I need to get it to my parent's house which is where my car is. The only problem is that the hood doesn't fit in my focus, and its a TIGHT fit in my escape. I may have to wait until the weekend. I can tell you that from what I have seen so far this thing is worth every penny. I paid a little more than is listed on their site, but I didn't pay shipping and I didn't know that they had an overstock on them. I paid $320 for it. I'll get some underhood pics soon. Its not finished in the center, but its not as "choppy" as some others I have seen.

nice man that is by far one my fav hood's, I wish I knew about it before I got mine, I've allways liked the heat extractors but I like the look of a cowl and couldnt find one at the time with a cowl and the extractors in it. car should look so nice when done.

heres another of that hood or at least a very similar one its just got a higher cowl which I absolutly love.
hoodtop.jpg

this one was purchased from Duganracing

Attachments

• hoodtop.jpg
    hoodtop.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 145
91LX_5L said:
nice man that is by far one my fav hood's, I wish I knew about it before I got mine, I've allways liked the heat extractors but I like the look of a cowl and couldnt find one at the time with a cowl and the extractors in it. car should look so nice when done.
Are there any more pics of that car? I have been trying to get a pics on a white car. Looks damn good though.